Legacy Health RN Staff Nurse - Medical Specialties in Gresham, Oregon
Relocation assistance available for nurses new to Legacy!
The Legacy nursing philosophy focuses on patients and their families. Our nurses embody this philosophy in everything they do, as advocates, communicators, problem-solvers and caregivers. Their expertise is sought after and respected by our health care team. In short, they are the face of wellness at Legacy. Does this sound like an environment in which you could thrive? If so, we invite you to consider this opportunity.
Medical Specialties at Mount Hood is located on the third and fourth floor of Legacy Mount Hood Medical Center. Medical Specialties has 36 private beds with a capacity for 32 patients to have remote telemetry monitoring.
Primary patient population/diagnoses:
1) Stable patients with decompensated heart failure
2) Stable acute stroke patients
3) Stable patients requiring continuous cardiac monitoring
4) Endocrine disorders including but not limited to diabetes
5) End of life care
6) Gastrointestinal disorders including but not limited to: Crohn’s disease and bowel obstruction.
7) Oncology diagnoses and conditions resulting from cancer including but not limited to: chemotherapy, neutropenia, symptom management related to treatment, crisis management, and/or pain control
8) Pulmonary including but not limited to: Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) and respiratory isolation
9) Psychiatric patients requiring acute medical intervention
10) Overflow of surgical patients, room availability permitting
11) Pain management including Patient Controled Analgesia (PCA) or epidural medication administration
12) Patient and family teaching
13) Wound care management
14) Treatments including, but not limited to:
• Administration of medcations, including chemotherapy
• Blood product administration
• Continuous cardiac monitoring/telemetry
• Hemodialysis, Continuous Ambulatory Peritoneal Dialysis, and apheresis
• Discharge planning
• IV therapy management, to include central line and port management
• Non-invasive monitoring
• Nutritional therapy to include Total Parenteral Nutrition (TPN) and enteral feedings
• Pre and post-operative acute care
• Respiratory treatments
• Wound care management and treatment including wound vacuums.
Responsible for patient care within an assigned department/unit and participates as a member of the health care team in cooperation with and under the direction of the clinical manager or designee as defined by the relevant Standards and Scope of Practice for the Registered Nurse. The RN Staff Nurse assesses, analyzes, plans, implements and evaluates patient care following established patient care standards for Legacy Health System including those for patient assessment and transfer.
As required by licensure. BSN or degree in progress strongly preferred. BSN may be required for specific assignments; experienced RNs without a BSN may be hired based on clinical experience with approval of the site CNO.
One-year registered nursing experience or completion of either the Legacy Health RN Residency program or a nursing program that is equivalent in content, curriculum and duration. Additional clinical experience requirements may vary dependent upon the specific department in which the position is utilized.
Demonstrated ability of positive interpersonal and communication skills with colleagues, patients, families, physicians and the community. Keyboard skills and ability to navigate electronic systems applicable to job functions.
LEGACY’S VALUES IN ACTION:
Follows guidelines set forth in Legacy’s Values in Action
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled
Current applicable state RN license required. AHA BLS for Healthcare Providers.
Posting Title: RN Staff Nurse - Medical Specialties
Job Req #: 23-32255
FTE for each opening (not total FTE across all openings for multiple openings). If less than 1.0 please enter leading 0 before the decimal, e.g. 0.2: 0.90
Job_Commensurate with Experience: USD $44.09/Hr. - USD $65.86/Hr.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Shift Differentials: Eves $2.85/hr, Nts $5.95/hr, Wknd $2.00/hr
Bonus/Relocation: Relocation only
Work Days: Variable schedule, with weekends/holidays
Shift Start Time (HH:MM AM or PM): 0700
Shift End Time (HH:MM AM or PM): 1930
External Company URL: https://www.legacyhealth.org/
Street: 24800 SE Stark St