RangeWater Maintenance Technician in Greenville, South Carolina
Position Summary: Performs technical and mechanical work that ensures the inside and external buildings, grounds, amenities, and common areas of the property meet the Company’s standards for cleanliness, appearance, safety, and overall functionality by performing maintenance related tasks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Completes assigned work orders generated from resident requests for service within 24 to 48 hours, as well as routine upkeep on the property by diagnosing the source or cause of the defect or problem, and making repairs in accordance with established policies, procedures, safety standards, and code requirements.
Completes the “make-ready” process to prepare vacant apartment homes for leasing and new move-ins by completing the pre-move-out inspection, creating a “punch” list of maintenance work needed, scheduling vendors and contractors as needed, obtaining needed supplies and materials, completing all maintenance tasks, and inspecting completed work.
Follows procedures for accessing and obtaining materials, supplies, equipment, tools, and other items from the property’s maintenance shop by tracking inventory used, returning unused items to the established location, and notifying the maintenance supervisor about re-ordering needs.
Completes documentation and other paperwork in a timely, accurate, and complete fashion so that service requests can be appropriately documented and tracked.
Assists in maintaining the grounds, common areas, and amenities by picking up trash and debris, pressure-washing breezeways and pool areas, performing general cleaning, and painting curbs and signage as needed.
Supports cost-cutting and expense control programs by fixing rather than replacing parts when possible, not being wasteful with materials and supplies, and practicing the correct use for tools and equipment.
May periodically inspect work performed by contractors, vendors and other service providers to verify the work, materials and services meet quality standards, scope and specifications as required.
Complies with RangeWater Residential’s safety and risk-management policies by attending and participating in the property’s routine safety meetings, completing required training on OSHA and other safety related laws and requirements, and by reporting accidents and incidents promptly and accurately.
Demonstrates customer services skills by treating residents and others with respect, interfacing face-to-face with residents and service team, answering resident questions, responding sensitively to complaints about maintenance services, and completing assigned work orders with efficiency and urgency. This includes the ability to work in a stressful environment and work peacefully with co-workers and residents.
Assists in conducting routine and periodic property inspections in person to identify safety and risk management concerns, keep the property in good repair, and communicate concerns about the physical needs of the property to management.
Must be able to meet predictable attendance and punctuality expectations and physical demands of the position complying with RangeWater Residential’s policies and performance expectations.
Follows established policies and procedures by monitoring and ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and operational processes related to area(s) of responsibility and reporting violations or infractions to appropriate individual(s)
Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with Company, property, and departmental policies, procedures, and standards by immediately reporting any mechanical or electrical equipment malfunctions, employee/visitor/resident injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to appropriate individual(s)
Identifies areas for improvement and offers suggestions to improve the property's efficiency, profitability, and productivity
Keeps abreast of current changes in technology, leasing and sales tools, processes, and standards within the industry and area(s) of responsibility by attending internal and external training programs and by accessing other sources of information, and applies knowledge and practices to area(s) of responsibility.
Work Hours (may vary by state or location):
- This position is scheduled for 40 hours in a regular work week. Hours of operation vary by site, but typical sites are open from 9:00am to 6:00pm Monday through Friday, Saturday 10:00am to 5:00pm, and on Sunday 1:00pm to 5:00pm. Service Technicians must be able to work a flexible work schedule, which includes taking “call” during evenings, weekends, and holidays and must be able to perform the essential job functions unaccompanied.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employment history that demonstrates the application of knowledge and skills sufficient in the safe use and maintenance of hand tools, power tools, user moved aids, mechanical equipment, and measuring devices. High school diploma or GED is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and communicate effectively to represent company management in a support capacity, act as first point of contact for internal team members and external visitors to the Company, and answer questions related to department operating policies.
- Demonstrated mathematical skills necessary to add, subtract, multiply, and divide numbers, decimals, and fractions to complete basic maintenance duties.
- Demonstrated ability to apply principles of logical thinking to define and correct problems. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Demonstrated proficiency in internet, word processing, spreadsheet, and database management programs in order to maintain records of information and develop and provide information for supervisor’s use. Property management system experience is preferred.
Certificates and Licenses:
- Incumbents must have EPA certifications Type I and II or Universal for refrigerant recycling as well as all certifications required by State and Local jurisdictions. Current valid driver’s license. Current valid driver’s license is required.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Incumbents work both inside and outside of apartment buildings and in all areas of the property including amenities. Service Technicians have frequent exposure to outside elements where temperature, weather, odors, and/or landscape may be unpleasant and/or hazardous.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, type, handle or feel objects, talk, and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms, climb, stoop, and squat. Incumbents must be able to physically access all exterior and interior parts of the property and amenities and must be able to work inside and outside in all weather conditions including, but not limited to rain, snow, heat, hail, wind and sleet. Must be able to operate golf carts at properties with golf carts, walk extended distances and navigate stairs to multiple levels daily.
Service Technicians must be able to push, pull, lift, carry, or maneuver weights of up to fifty (50) pounds independently and one hundred and fifty (150) pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Routine, travel may be required to assist properties as needed, attend training classes, business meetings, or other situations necessary for the accomplishment of some or all of the daily responsibilities of this position.
Understanding of Job Essentials:
The Company is a drug free, harassment free workplace. All candidates must pass a drug screen and an extensive background check. The Company s an equal opportunity employer and does not tolerate harassment, discrimination or retaliation.
I understand that all pre-employment screening activities are conducted in compliance with federal and state employment laws. Background checks are completed during the post-offer stage of the employment process in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act requirements.
I also fully understand the content of this job description, have had the opportunity to ask questions regarding this job description, and have had the job duties and responsibilities, requisites, and physical demands and working conditions explained to me. I am capable of performing the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation. If I need accommodation, I will ask the hiring manager for it.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
Powered by JazzHR