Wabtec Corporation Cost Accountant - HYBRID WORK SCHEDULE in Greensburg, Pennsylvania
Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company’s new website at: http://www.WabtecCorp.com .
It’s not just about your career… or your job title…it’s about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters…do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
*This role can be permitted to work with a Hybrid Schedule. Expectations are to work remotely 2 days per week. Onsite days are expected 3 days per week.
**If working from the Greensburg, PA site travel to Brenham, TX could be expected every 6 weeks
The Longwood Texas Cost Accountant will be a key financial lead. This position will be responsible for all financial and reporting.
This position will work with both local management to ensure open and accurate reporting. This will include weekly tracking to core metrics; improve inventory costs and levels; review and implement new programs to improve cash flow from operations.
The responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
·Ensure that all local books are accurate with all differences and variance timely resolved.
·Work with local teams to ensure all spending is within budgeted amounts; any variances are identified and corrected
·Review inventory variances and costs to ensure inventory values are correctly stated and frozen costs include correct material, labor, and overhead costs
·Determine if change in productions costs are aligned with changes in market
·Develop, implement, and consolidate reports that will provide timely financial and operational results to management
·Work with divisional and Corporate teams to understand the definition and calculation of metrics
·Identify unfavorable variances and trends and then work with local teams to correct core issues on a weekly basis
·Be the liaison with shared services team to ensure that Accounts Payable, Cash Application, and other Financial Functions are properly and accurately handled
·Work with teams to develop best practices across the group and support any business transformations needed to achieve results
·Partner with and help educate manufacturing and operations teams on financial metrics and how they correlate to operational performance
·Lead planning cycles including developing estimates, budgets / forecasts / reviews / reporting
2 years of related experience
Strong verbal, written, cross-functional, and communication skills
Work as part of a team – working together to ensure groups meets all core metrics
Constantly driving for process improvements; be dedicated to removing non-value added work
Ability to execute and solve problems independently
Familiarity with HFM; ERP systems
Wabtec provides a competitive total compensation package that includes a comprehensive employee benefits program.
Wabtec also contributes Annual and Matching contributions to your 401(k) account to help your savings grow. Each pay period, Wabtec will match 100% of your contribution up to a maximum of 3% of your eligible compensation. Wabtec also will make an Annual Contribution of 3% of your compensation, whether or not you contribute your own funds to the Savings Plan. That’s a total of 6% of your annual compensation in Company-provided contributions!
12 paid holidays
Unlimited time off (in accordance with your leader)
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
- Wabtec Corporation Jobs