Calumet GP, LLC Inspector in Great Falls, Montana
Who are we?
At Calumet we deliver innovative specialty products trusted by companies across the globe. We are the foundation to everyday essential products that help millions of people live and thrive. We are headquartered in Indianapolis and have numerous production locations in the US. We are customer focused and utilize our values of collaboration and entrepreneurship to grow the business. We offer a dynamic, high-performance environment where team members can have real input and impact on our business. If you're ready to roll up your sleeves, treat the business as if it is your own and add value accordingly, come see why we're Calumet Proud!
The purpose and role of the Inspector is to ensure all fixed equipment is constructed and maintained to all applicable codes, standards, specification and regulatory requirements.
KEY OBJECTIVES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adhere to and participate in all local and corporate safety procedures, safe work practices, policies, initiatives including the ability to stop work when unsafe
- Ensure that all fixed equipment is suitable for safe operation at the design conditions through the necessary technical inspections
- Assist in developing Inspection Test Plans that are highly effective and capable of detecting damage mechanisms and so that results can be utilized in RBI Analysis
- Direct and/or perform API Inspections, and mechanical inspections as required by professional and governmental agencies
- Perform limited NDE Inspections to include PT, MT, VT and UTT
- Develop repair recommendations and plans in support of routine maintenance on piping and pressure equipment as well as atmospheric storage tanks in accordance to codes to ensure minimal unscheduled downtime.
- Ensure that each piece of fixed equipment receives the highest degree of inspection and that all repairs and new construction meet all applicable codes, standards and specifications for safe and designated performance.
- Analyze thickness data in UltraPipe and RBI data in support of Calumet Great Falls maintenance requirements for both turnarounds and routine maintenance
- Maintain required reporting and inspection metrics/KPI's and inspection documentation and records
- Responsible for creating and tracking work orders and notifications in company business system and planning inspection outages or major repair work
- Ability to work with other in a team environment
- Supervise contract inspections and test services
- Maintain personal and company goals regarding safety and volunteerism
- Must be able to work extended hours during turnarounds and equipment repairs
- High school diploma or equivalent; Associates degree in Engineering or Technology preferred
- 10+ years of petroleum or petrochemical inspection experience or equivalent combination of education and experiences preferred
- Must possess API 510, 570, 653 and either AWS-CWI or Level II Visual Testing certifications
- Ability to climb to high levels and enter small confined areas for extended periods of time
- Ability to interpret and read P&IDs, piping ISO drawing and design drawings
- Welding experience highly preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Excellent computer skills
- Demonstration of Calumet Values
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience. We are an equal opportunity employer including disability and veteran. All offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
- Pay TypeSalary