Central States Manufacturing Maintenance Tech III in Graniteville, South Carolina
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for performing a wide variety of electrical and mechanical assignments. Responsible for applying skills, experience, and general knowledge to a wide range of maintenance tasks and support the leadership of the plant.
JOB DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
· Must perform a wide variety of electrical installations and maintenance work on plant electrical systems and equipment to furnish an uninterrupted flow of power and lighting.
· Makes electrical, plumbing, and general repairs to buildings as well as troubleshooting and repairing electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and mechanical machinery and equipment throughout the facility.
· Diagnoses and remedies electrical or electronic troubles and repairs and replaces equipment as needed.
· Coordinates operation and installation of “download” systems from the computer network to machine controllers.
· Must be able to obtain a forklift operator’s license and safely operate a forklift.
· Must be willing to work on mechanical tasks as time permits and as assigned.
· Enters equipment records, data, and notes into computerized maintenance management system.
· Maintains tools provided by the company and furnishes own tools to function properly in this classification.
· Performs fabrication, maintenance, joining, and cutting of ferrous and nonferrous metal parts and structures using a variety of techniques. Welds and cuts all types of material using electric arc, oxyacetylene, or other welding techniques in horizontal, vertical, or overhead positions.
· Maintains good housekeeping of work space.
· Ability and willingness to perform other duties as assigned
· Vocational or technical degree and minimum of six years of relevant experience OR equivalent of the combination of education and experience
· Must have basic knowledge of hydraulic, pneumatic, and mechanical machinery. Must be able to use and interpret technical drawings, prints, and schematics (electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, etc.)
· Must be able to use and interpret basic electrical and electronic theory and mechanics. Must have knowledge of mechanical drawings to be able to utilize complex part drawings, sectional views, electrical symbols, and especially schematics and ladder logic.
· Working knowledge of a variety of precision measuring instruments and basic application techniques
· Welding and fabrication experience preferred
· Microsoft Office proficient
· Ability to plan, lay out and install complex wiring circuits and distribution centers in conformance with NEC and established codes, install switches and controls, central and subsidiary control panels, electronic devices and other gear incidental to the installation
· Ability to diagnose and repair electrical issues
· Ability to read a tape measure, do basic mathematical calculations, and use a calculator
· Ability to learn production operations
· Ability to stand for long periods of time and to lift 75 pounds
· Ability to twist, bend, and reach to perform job duties
· Ability to work while being exposed to outside weather conditions
· Be detailed and customer oriented
· Ability to work at other facilities, weekends, other shifts and to be on call
· Ability to learn internal Enterprise Resource Planning system
· Experience with electrical circuits ranging from low voltage to 480 V and PLCs preferred
· Knowledge of motor controls (drivers) AC and DC and automated controllers such as AMS systems and CNC controllers preferred
· Strong mechanical background and aptitude to solve mechanical problems
· Consistently exhibits and displays the company’s values of “Own It. Can Do. Act in Love.”Own It – Commitment to customer, the company, and each other Can Do – Pursuing continuous improvement Act in Love – Treating others with humility, respectfulness, kindness, honesty, patience, and self-control
· This is a safety sensitive position