Canton-Potsdam Hospital GH Licensed Mental Health Counselor in Gouverneur, New York
Perform a compressive list of counselor functions and practice including but not limited to: Treatment planning responsibilities for both timely preparation and thorough documentation and execution of treatment plans and all related assessments for an assigned caseload to be determined by clinical supervisor. Discharge planning responsibilities for timely preparation, thorough documentation and execution of patient discharge management and planning beginning at time of admission. Timely and thorough documentation in a variety of manners including assessments, individual and group notes, collaboration, collateral contact with internal and external stakeholders to the patient. Instruct and run groups on a variety of topics and follow-up with appropriate documentation according to guidance and prescribed deadlines and educational goals. Individual counseling for an individual case load which include a broader picture of clients family and significant other when applicable and take part in case conferences and team meetings weekly.
- Responsible for both timely preparation and thorough documentation and execution of treatment plan and all related assessments. Additional assessments to the treatment plan but not limited to, gambling screening, depression screening, various abuse screening, and contagious disease assessments. Also responsibilities encompass coordination of patient care and referral if they disclose specific issues or if clinical determination leads to a need for further evaluation and treatment. Collaborate with multidisciplinary team for referral to specialized assessment and evaluation for treatment for areas such as psychiatric care, physical therapy, dental, obstetrical, and cardiac care or nutritional services.
- Responsible for both timely preparation and thorough documentation and execution of patient discharge management and planning beginning at time of admission. Coordinate discharge date and/or an estimate date in collaboration with referent or new referral and work cohesively with the treatment team based on feedback and supervision. Ensure appointments, behavioral health after care, halfway house or other discharge placement needs are decided before the estimated discharge date. Arrange and communicate continuation of services and discharge dates with insurance companies. Give instruction and education to inform or teach each client the benefits of treatment, the limitations of some insurance policies, the options to pay out of pocket to continue, after care options as well as the potential harm/consequences of ending therapy prematurely.
- In a variety of manners including assessments, individual and group notes, collaboration, collateral contact with internal and external stakeholders to the patient. Treatment planning, discharge planning and regularly update the patient record to demonstrate patients progress or lack thereof in the treatment environment. Assessments are performed per specific scope and practice at or above standards set by OASAS, TJC and DNV. Forms are filled out respecting the various deadlines required by the governing and regulatory bodies and will remain in the medical record.
Group Counseling and Patient Education:
- Execution on a variety of topics and follow-up documentation and initial preparation. Educate on topics such as diversion techniques, life style changes, and avoidance of triggers for using, life skills, and nutrition. To encourage use of support networks, and to strive for an overall effort for reduction of relapse episodes through an intensive class and group regimen. Assurance of current evidenced based high standards of behavioral and medical health care, meaningful recreational guidance and supportive preparation for after care. Staff will educate and encourage clients to develop short-term and long-term goals toward recovery. This will include, but is not limited to, abstinence from, and avoidance of, habit forming substances.
- Responsible for an individual case load which include a broader picture of clients family and significant other when applicable and take part in case conferences and team meetings weekly. To provide consistent, well-coordinated, comprehensive, holistic, individualized, quality care for patients with Chemical Dependency in an effort to improve quality of life of chemically dependent patients and their families. Through assessment and recommendations works with individuals to update their treatment plan, discharge plan, make referral and provide 1:1 guidance and counseling.
Shift: 8 Hour
Shift Details: 8Hr: 8am - 4:30pm or 11am-7:30pm w-variable shifts possible as needed
External Company URL: https://www.stlawrencehealthsystem.org/
Name: Main Hospital
Required Level: Master's Degree
Required Field: Mental Health Counseling or Social Work
Licensure / Certification (Text Only): Required Work Experince LMHC or LMSW
Post: St. Lawrence Health System Careers: 5/14/2021