Toyon Research Corporation Procurement and Contracts Associate in Goleta, California
U.S. Citizenship Required.Ability to qualify for a US Department of Defense security clearance required.
This position is in-person.
Toyon is seeking a proficient and motivated individual to join our Contracts, Subcontracts and Procurement team to fulfill various departmental needs, such as administering government property, purchasing and subcontracts. This person shall also work with the Director of Contracts to complete various contract actions. The ideal candidate will have a general understanding of government contracting regulations, exceptional organizational skills, and the ability to work collaboratively with various stakeholders.
- Assist in reviewing, preparing, and executing procurement documents
- Review and understand procurement requirements
- Assist with contracts, subcontracts and procurement record keeping
- Assist in obtaining quotes, writing, placing and tracking purchase orders, ensuring that products and services are purchased in a timely manner, to specification and at a competitive price
- Validate, assess and set up new suppliers
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with suppliers.
- Maintain accurate records of all purchases and related documents
- Ensure accuracy of Government property inventory by creating property records and reports
- Prepare submittals, including required representations, certifications and data items
- Communicate with program and project managers to ensure compliance with established processes and procedures
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, or related field (preferred)
- Minimum of 2 years of proven experience in contracts and/or procurement role
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and negotiation skills
- Strong problem-solving and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously, with attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with accounting software preferred
- Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) desired
- NAPM Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) certification, or equivalent, helpful
WE OFFER AN EXCEPTIONAL EMPLOYEE BENEFITS PACKAGE!
- Competitive Industry Pay
- 100% Employer-Paid Medical Insurance Premium
- HSA with Employer Contributions
- Dental and Vision Coverage Options
- Company Funded 401(k) and Profit Sharing Plans
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
The annual pay range for the Procurement and Contracts Coordinator position is $65,000 to $80,000.
The posted pay range values provide the candidate with guidance on annual base compensation for the position, at a full time level of effort, exclusive of overtime, bonus, and benefits-related compensation, over a range of qualifications that may fit hiring objectives. Toyon Research Corporation will consider the individual candidates education, work experience, applicable knowledge, skills and training, among other factors, when preparing an offer of employment.
All qualified applicants for the Contracts and Procurement Coordinator position will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.