State of Minnesota General Maintenance Wrkr in Golden Valley, Minnesota
Working Title: General Maintenance Wrkr
Job Class: General Maintenance Worker
Agency: Perpich Ctr For Arts Education
Who May Apply : Open to all qualified job seekers
Date Posted : 09/13/2023
Closing Date :09/27/2023
Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit : Perpich Ctr For Arts Education / Ctr for Arts Education-AFSCME
Division/Unit : PR Center For Arts Education / Maintenance & Custodial Staff
Work Shift/Work Hours : Dayshift/9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Days of Work : Monday - Friday
Travel Required : No
Salary Range: $16.01 - $22.65 / hourly
Classified Status : Classified
Bargaining Unit/Union : 203 - Service/AFSCME
Work Area : Perpich Center High School and Dormitory
FLSA Status : Nonexempt
Telework Eligible : No
Designated in Connect 700 Program for Applicants with Disabilities (https://mn.gov/mmb/careers/diverse-workforce/people-with-disabilities/connect700/) : Yes
It pays to consider a rewarding career with the Perpich Center for Arts Education in Golden Valley! You may be eligible for a new hire bonus of $1,000!
Earn a competitive wage, have affordable and comprehensive benefits (if eligible), a retirement plan, paid time off, and more!
This position is open for bid and all qualified job seekers simultaneously. The vacancy will be filled with eligible bidders of this agency who are in the General Maintenance Worker classification first. Other qualified applicants will be considered after the list of qualified bidders has been exhausted.
Make a difference in the lives of Minnesotans.
The work you’ll do is more than just a job. Join the talented, engaged and inclusive workforce dedicated to creating a better Minnesota.
This position exists to provide a clean, safe and healthy environment to all Perpich Center for Arts Education customers through performing general maintenance duties to a regular schedule and specially assigned maintenance and repair activities. It is also designed to provide our customers with the support required to set up the facility for special events and instructional periods. Responsibilities include building cleaning duties for all areas of the Perpich Center for Arts Education campus including residential dormitory, classrooms, blackboards, drinking fountains, doors, walls, theater (Black Box), library, dance floor, student lounge, locker rooms, offices, kitchen, cafeteria, lobbies and entries, elevator caps, hallways, and restrooms. Clean inside building entrances, and replace light bulbs and fluorescent tubes.
Perform routine preventative maintenance on custodial equipment to ensure safe and efficient operation such as minor repairs to vacuum cleaners, carpet extractors, floor scrubbers etc. Clean outside of building entrances, sweep, remove snow and icing, and empty trash containers. Provide light maintenance to buildings and assist in seasonal cleaning projects as assigned. Maintain a clean and safe environment. Move furniture and/or equipment within and between buildings. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Different types of flooring/floor covering sufficient to determine proper methods of maintenance and appropriate cleaning methods, materials, agents and equipment.
• Chemical cleaning agents such as ammonia, bleaches, scouring agents and soaps sufficient to appropriately select the agent(s), handle and apply, and dispose of safely.
• Methods, tools and equipment used in maintenance sufficient to use them effectively and operate safely.
• Follow simple oral and written instructions, read and understand operational manuals, and keep simple records.
• Perform assigned tasks with limited work direction.
• Physical health and endurance sufficient to perform work functions.
• Work above ground level, such as, on ladders and scaffolding.
• Make minor mechanical repairs and operate simple maintenance equipment.
• Stand, walk, climb ladders, bend, lift 50 pounds, carry, push, pull and handle items when performing duties.
• Work in adverse weather conditions.
• Demonstrated experience maintaining a work environment that respects and values differences and diversity.
• Ability to operate and make minor repairs to maintenance equipment.
• Ability to effectively communicate with students, staff, faculty, administrators and supervisors and visitors.
• Knowledge of basic emergency procedures.
Ability to lift 50lbs. occasionally while stooping, bending, standing, turning and/or moving.
This position requires successful completion of the following:
Successful candidate must pass employer reference checks and criminal history check by the Bureau of Criminal Apprehension
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Minnesota State Colleges and Universities is an Equal Opportunity employer/educator committed to the principles of diversity. We prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or membership in a local commission as defined by law. As an affirmative action employer, we actively seek and encourage applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and individuals with protected veteran status.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 or email email@example.com . Please indicate what assistance is needed.
State of Minnesota
- State of Minnesota Jobs