CDM Smith Delivery Leader - Federal Environment & Energy Group in Glendale, Arizona
As a member of the CDM Smith’s Federal Environment and Energy (ENE) Team, the Delivery Leader will oversee and lead the delivery of projects within CDM Smith’s Federal ENE group focused on environmental projects for government civilian agency clients (i.e., USEPA, National Park Service). Manages and oversees project delivery through project management and commercial leaders. Supports the implementation and compliance of the firm’s global delivery framework to drive revenue, profit and cash management to meet or exceed budget and forecasts. Reviews timeliness, risk management, work product quality and client satisfaction throughout the delivery cycle.
Primary Responsibilities from Job Description:
• Leads and oversees the delivery of projects within CDM Smith’s Federal ENE group focused on environmental projects for government civilian agency clients.
• Monitors project revenues, profitability, and cash management to meet or exceed budgeted and forecasted values.
• Provides leadership in the day-to-day delivery operation, including company reputation, project performance, overhead efficiency, pricing strategies, risk management, forecasting and budgeting, performance reporting, health and safety and monitoring of monthly performance figures.
Project Performance and Reporting
• Supports, promotes and enforces the firm’s global project management delivery requirements.
• Ensures regular project review meetings with project managers are conducted by project management and commercial leaders to monitor project-level performance, budget, schedule, risk, health and safety and quality management in support of program/group-level reporting and management.
• Monitors monthly project management processes including significant estimates at completion (EAC) variances, revenue execution and timely cash management.
• Ensures company policies are followed and implements recommendations regarding staffing decisions.
• Identifies and closes capability gaps (including replacing staff) among project management and commercial leaders, providing team management and talent development support to foster career growth and required skills of delivery leaders and project managers.
• Leads the staffing of project management and commercial leaders.
• Oversees the assignment of projects and pursuit efforts to project management and commercial leaders and approved project managers.
• Provides support to the nominations for project management and commercial leaders, approved project managers and project managers in training and supports the administration of the approved project managers list for the unit.
• Participates in the development and review of proposal pricing to support business unit objectives and individual bid pricing strategies and supports the client service/business development staff on select pursuits (e.g., evaluation of terms and conditions, commercial risk, and competitive advantage).
• Responsible for ensuring alignment between delivery team’s actual project results and contracted project work, revenue and profitability.
• Reviews proposal and project scopes, schedules, and budgets of key pursuits.
Risk Management & Contracting Strategy:
• Leads risk management efforts.
• Ensures the development of project management risk competencies.
• Evaluates project management compliance with the firm’s risk management policies and procedures and requirements.
Delivery Leader - Federal Environment & Energy Group
ENT Delivery - EPA
• Bachelor's degree.
• 12 years of related experience.
• Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
• Equivalent additional directly related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
• Experience working directly with government agency contracting officers to manage change and negotiate work plan costs and fee percentages.
• Experience writing cost proposal for implementing Superfund work under EPA’s Design and Environmental Services (DES) contract.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Why CDM Smith?:
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.cdmsmith.com/en/Video/Meet-CDM-Smith)
Join Us! CDM Smith – where amazing career journeys unfold.
Imagine a place committed to offering an unmatched employee experience. Where you work on projects that are meaningful to you. Where you play an active part in shaping your career journey. Where your co-workers are invested in you and your success. Where you are encouraged and supported to do your very best and given the tools and resources to do so. Where it’s a priority that the company takes good care of you and your family.
Our employees are the heart of our company. As an employer of choice, our goal is to provide a challenging, progressive and inclusive work environment which fosters personal leadership, career growth and development for every employee. We value passionate individuals who challenge the norm, deliver world-class solutions and bring diverse perspectives. Join our team, and together we will make a difference and change the world.
Job Site Location:
United States - Nationwide
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No - We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Skills and Abilities:
• Experience successfully managing programs/large project portfolios for USEPA CERCLA Superfund with EPA as the direct client.
• Experience successfully managing CPFF and FFP projects including interaction with EPA contracting officers and remedial project managers.
• Excellent knowledge of project management methodologies including contract practices, budget development, project planning, control and assurance methodologies, risk management, project management software and finance and accounting concepts and practices.
• Demonstrates leadership skills with an ability to develop and grow staff.
• Experience in building and developing a strong delivery team.
• Excellent project management – able to lead multiple work streams; manage and report multiple deadlines; balance conflicting priorities; set expectations and deadlines and ensure they are achieved.
• Sound business acumen and developed assessment, judgment and critical thinking abilities.
• Strong conflict management skills to include resolution of complex issues and different points of view.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Background Check and Drug Testing Information:
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as “CDM Smith”) reserves the right to require background checks including criminal, employment, education, licensure, etc. as well as credit and motor vehicle when applicable for certain positions. In addition, CDM Smith may conduct drug testing for designated positions. Background checks are conducted after an offer of employment has been made in the United States. The timing of when background checks will be conducted on candidates for positions outside the United States will vary based on country statutory law but in no case, will the background check precede an interview. CDM Smith will conduct interviews of qualified individuals prior to requesting a criminal background check, and no job application submitted prior to such interview shall inquire into an applicant's criminal history. If this position is subject to a background check for any convictions related to its responsibilities and requirements, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history. Criminal history will not automatically disqualify a candidate. In addition, during employment individuals may be required by CDM Smith or a CDM Smith client to successfully complete additional background checks, including motor vehicle record as well as drug testing.
All bonuses at CDM Smith are discretionary and may or may not apply to this position.
Work Location Options:
Fully Remote or Hybrid Work Options may be considered for successful candidate.
- CDM Smith Jobs