Carrier Staff Controls Engineer in Gdansk, Poland
Heweliusza 18, 80-890 Gdańsk, Poland
Build a career with confidence
At Carrier, you’re joining the world leader in healthy, safe, sustainable and intelligent building and cold chain solutions. We create solutions that matter for people and our planet – and our employees are the heart of it all. We are a company of innovators and problem-solvers who are united by The Carrier Way – our vision, values and culture.
As an employer of choice, we strive to provide a great place to work that attracts, develops and retains the best talent, promotes employee engagement, fosters teamwork and ultimately drives innovation for the benefit of our customers. In short, Carrier’s greatest assets are the expertise, creativity and passion of our employees – and we’re excited for you to join the team.
About the role
As we are expanding our team in the Systems and Control Center of Excellence, based in the Gdansk R&D Center, we are seeking an experienced, talented, highly motivated, and results-driven engineer with expertise in control systems specification, design, architecting, programming, and verification. The Staff Controls Engineer will work with global, cross disciplinary teams in Charlotte, NC and Syracuse, NY to design and qualify control solutions for commercial HVAC applications.
We are committed to offering competitive benefits programs for all of our employees and enhancing our programs when necessary.
• Carrier Employee Scholar Program – we cover 100% costs for your study,
• Inhouse English lessons,
• Pension Plan with life insurance – 3% of your yearly salary,
• Lunch Card – 296 PLN monthly,
• Luxmed Private Medical Care,
• Multisport Card,
• Flexible working hours,
• Working with highly modern products!
We are looking for people who have expertise in control systems specification, design, architecting, programming, and verification. If this is you, get in touch.
As a minimum you must have:
• M.S. in Electrical/Computer/Mechanical/Aeronautical Engineering with focus in Control Systems, and 6-8+ years of experience in Control Systems design and implementation or
• Ph.D. in Electrical/Computer/Mechanical/Aeronautical Engineering with focus in Control Systems, and 4-6+ years of experience in Control Systems design and implementation.
• Proficient knowledge of controls engineering foundations, including feedback control, linear/nonlinear control, multivariable control, system identification, and optimization.
• Understanding of thermodynamics and turbo-machinery.
• Knowledge of control system diagnostics algorithms and their design process.
• Familiarity with Matlab/Simulink/Stateflow as a control system design tool.
• Familiarity with Matlab auto code generation.
• Knowledge of dynamic system simulation of controls and equipment using physics-based or data-driven models.
• Knowledge of acauasal modelling languages such as Modelica a plus.
• Experience with product lifecycle management tools (version control, testing/quality management).
• Ability to author specifications, test plans, and document designs.
• Knowledge of HW/SW embedded control system architectures (preferred skill).
• Knowledge of C/C++/Python (preferred skill).
• Provide analysis of dynamic systems and control performance including controllability, robustness, stability, and optimization.
• Provide recommendation to equipment design based on control objectives and system performance.
• Develop real time simulation models using Matlab/Simulink/Stateflow in support of real time testing of integrated controllers using Model-in-the-Loop/Software-in-the-Loop/Hardware-in-the-Loop verification methods.
• Develop advanced controllers including MPC/NMPC, adaptive control, and robust controllers for MIMO systems.
• Develop event based control solutions.
• Integration and analysis of dynamic plant models from multiple HVAC domains to enable controls and software verification.
• Work with System Engineers to develop system requirements.
• Work with V&V engineers to develop and deploy test plans.
Our commitment to you
Our greatest assets are the expertise, creativity and passion of our employees. We strive to provide a great place to work that attracts, develops and retains the best talent, promotes employee engagement, fosters teamwork and ultimately drives innovation for the benefit of our customers. We strive to create an environment where you feel that you belong, with diversity and inclusion as the engine to growth and innovation. We develop and deploy best-in-class programs and practices, providing enriching career opportunities, listening to employee feedback and always challenging ourselves to do better. This is The Carrier Way.
Join us and make a difference.
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job Applicant's Privacy Notice:
Click on this link (https://www.corporate.carrier.com/legal/privacy-notice-job-applicant/) to read the Job Applicant's Privacy Notice
- Carrier Jobs