Hard Rock Casino Northern Indiana Supervisor-Rock Shop in Gary, Indiana
SUPERVISOR - ROCK SHOP Overview
The incumbent in this position is responsible for being the ultimate guide through the guests shopping experience. Hard Rock merchandise is a unique part of our business, which requires a special person to create the experience. As Supervisor Rock Shop this position will be assuming the role of tour guide, communicator, entertainer, memorabilia curator and musician.
(These functions are intended as a general illustration of the work performed in this job classification and are not all inclusive for this position)
- Creates an atmosphere that induces guests to make Hard Rock Casino Northern Indiana their choice for gaming entertainment; responsible for actively building and retaining guest relations and acts as a mentor to team members in order to provide superior guest service.
- Continuously provides team members with verbal recognition, direction, and support; monitors/coaches team members on performance, compliance with procedures and workload; Listens to comments, criticisms, and feedback from customers, team members and other managers to gain an understanding of areas of strength and opportunity to improve personal/restaurant performance.
- Communicates with team members to keep them informed or restaurant, regional, and corporate procedures; communicates with managers to evaluate work procedures, review standards, identify methods for increasing efficiency or effectiveness, and respond proactively to any needs that have arisen.
- Trains and empowers team members to exercise good judgment to make decisions regarding service, food quality, and customer satisfaction by adhering to company training standards; Ensure team members follow safety, sanitation and security procedures.
- Creates and modifies the weekly work schedule to accommodate team members, volume or other emerging trends.
- Informs management of team members who fail to meet standards to maintain a high quality workforce; communicates with team members to keep them informed or restaurant, regional, and corporate procedures; communicates with other managers (including the use of the Managers Log) to ensure that assigned cleaning duties of retail store were completed up to standard.
- Greets team members as they begin their shift to promote an atmosphere; prepares The Rock Shop and team members for shift and ensures the restaurant is ready to open according to standards.
- Updates and maintains the Rockin Retail class, taught regularly to all FOH staff.
- Schedules breaks and zone assignments for Retail team members during the shift.
- Opens and closes the retail store (with another manager in the building); completes Opening and/or Closing Checklists.
- Balances staffing levels and labor costs to achieve a cost-effective plan for running restaurant; monitors and controls labor using established methods to meet goals.
- Evaluates condition of equipment and conducts routine maintenance and minor repairs to ensure smooth operation and save on costs. Fixes minor equipment problems (light bulbs) or calls for maintenance assistance when necessary.
- Inspects product levels and storage areas to determine if enough product is on hand; and to maintain proper storage.
- Builds business/market share by thinking of new ways to promote company and new programs that will bring in business, and by participating in local events to increase sales and profits.
- Design visual merchandise displays in order to increase foot traffic and sales.
- Observes team members while they stock, sell, ring up sales, etc. to ensure adherence to policy and positive guest experience.
- Conducts retail inventory and retail product Pull Lists to fill in back stock.
- Posts All-Access and team member financial reports and other information regarding sales performance; monitors team members behavior and checks retail coun balances.
- Reads and reviews invoices to verify the accuracy of invoice specs and determine expenses, amount, and type of product being delivered to the retail store; supervises deliveries by counting and checking product quality to ensure that the billing and delivery meet amount and standards.
- Attend and participate in meetings, completing follow-up as assigned.
- Perform work regularly and predictably.
- Responsible for cleaning and sanitizing work and public spaces.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Attend seminars when needed.
EDUCATION AND /OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
(Related education and experience may be interchangeable on a year for year basis)
This knowledge and these abilities are typically acquired through a High School Diploma, as well as four years retail experience, with a minimum of two years retail supervisory experience; or through a Bachelor's degree in Business Management or related field.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: (Licenses, Certifications, Testing, etc.):
- Must obtain and maintain valid licenses / certifications per Federal, State and ERGC Gaming regulations.
- Must successfully pass background check.
- Must successfully pass drug screening.
- Must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Must be able to work holidays and weekends, as well as flexible shifts and/or unusual hours.
- Prior experience in the Gaming industry strongly preferred.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- Be flexible to work varying shifts and time schedules as needed.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of team members and guests.
- Remain calm in a hectic, fast-paced atmosphere.
- Present an image of excitement, enthusiasm, and outgoing personality, while being able to project a professional appearance.
- Restock needed materials and retrieve delivered items.
- Use a cash register.
- Distinguish between different denominations of currency and make correct change.
- Use machines and equipment including, but not limited to: include cash register system, credit card machines, and calculator.