Hard Rock Casino Northern Indiana Houseperson-Banquet in Gary, Indiana
HOUSEPERSON - BANQUET Overview
The incumbent in this position is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness and organization of any banquet rooms, hallways, storage, and service areas. Routinely inventory and care for banquet supplies such as linens, chairs, china, glassware, flatware, and decorations. Set up the banquet room per the specification of a banquet events order, and then reset the room to its original state after the event has concluded. During the event, duties include assisting servers, transporting tables and equipment, maintaining audio-visual equipment, reporting maintenance issues to management, and providing requested information to banquet patrons.
(These functions are intended as a general illustration of the work performed in this job classification and are not all inclusive for this position)
- Creates an atmosphere that induces guests to make Hard Rock their choice for gaming entertainment; responsible for actively building and retaining guest relations and acts as a mentor to team members in order to provide superior guest service.
- Meet and greet guests in a friendly and warm manner.
- Sets up and breaks down meeting rooms according to event orders as well as maintains cleanliness standards for equipment and meeting rooms.
- Assemble and arrange conference equipment in meeting rooms per event requirements.
- Open rooms for use adjusting lights, sound volumes, and temperature as needed for each room before guests arrive.
- Ensure proper use, storage and maintenance of all A/V and meeting room equipment.
- Maintain high standards of safety and cleanliness in all areas of the event space, Back of House, Hospitality Suites and any areas designated as Banquet or Entertainment venues.
- Communicate any areas of need, problems, and concerns from guest to supervisor.
- Responsible for cleaning and sanitizing work and public spaces.
- Other duties as assigned.
This job description reflects the positions essential functions; it does not encompass all of the tasks that may be assigned.
- Attend seminars when needed.
EDUCATION AND /OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
(Related education and experience may be interchangeable on a year for year basis)
- One or more years experience in banquets in a high volume, upscale hotel and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- High School diploma or GED.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: (Licenses, Certifications, Testing, etc):
- Deep understanding of lifestyle casino/hotels and premium dining products and services.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, as needed.
- Casino Food and Beverage experience preferred.
- Table service procedures and table etiquette.
- Must have valid Food Handlers Card, Liquor License, and IGC Badge when working.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Use judgement and reasoning to cope with emergencies such as sudden illness, accident, or interrupted service.
- Exceptional knowledge and understanding of various banquet and food service techniques and standards.
- Food, beverage, and wine service.
- Table service procedures and table etiquette.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to move throughout the business (standing, walking, kneeling, bending) for extended periods of time.
- Ability to make repeating movements of the arms, hands, and wrists.
- Ability to express or exchange ideas verbally and perceive sound by ear.
- Ability to obtain impressions through the eyes.
- Manual dexterity, hand-eye coordination, and ability to work with hand above shoulders.
- Ability to regularly move objects (lift, push, pull, balance, carry) up to 50 pounds / 25 kilograms.
- Ability to turn or twist body parts in a circular motion.
- Ability to tolerate exposure to heat, cold, chemicals, and loud/noisy environment.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance.
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Evenings, weekends and holidays are a regular part of the schedule.
- Must have excellent attendance and conduct record for consideration.
- Take orders, recite specials, and point specific items out on the menu to customers.
- Use machines and equipment including, but not limited to: include coffee machine, beverage dispenser, microwave, toaster, and Point-of Service System.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by team members within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of team members assigned to this job. The team Member understands that employment with the Company is at-will and that no express and/or implied contract of employment exists unless it is in writing and signed by the VP Food and Beverage. The team member further understands that conditions may require the Company to modify this Job Description and that the Company reserves the right to exercise its discretion to make such changes.