Cardinal Health Intermediate Engineer in Gananoque, Canada
Cardinal Health Canada, with over 1300 employees nationwide, is an essential link in the Canadian healthcare supply chain, providing over 70,000 products to healthcare facilities and medical professionals across the country.
Cardinal Health-Gananoque manufactures many life impacting medical devices that help our customers thrive in a changing world. We are more than 450 employees with 119 years of Canadian history, a deep understanding of the medical devices we manufacture every day and a passion for innovation.
We are currently seeking an Intermediate Engineer to add to our team in Gananoque, ON. Under the supervision of the Engineering and Maintenance Manager, this position is all-encompassing requiring skills in many aspects of Engineering including manufacturing / process, project, design, product, controls / instrumentation, facilities and maintenance. Providing support to Operations, the incumbent will become onsite experts in operational processes and will support a culture of continuous improvement.
The Operations Engineers are primarily responsible for acting as the technical resource to all levels of the organization, such as, with marketing department to provide product and process capability information, as well as with production personnel to actively troubleshoot and continuously improve production. The incumbent will be required to apply knowledge of engineering principles and practices to effectively accomplish technical assignments and projects supporting an FDA regulated 24/7 manufacturing environment. The Operations Engineer will provide support and direction for both existing operations and for future needs to improve process capability, foster growth, reduce manufacturing costs and deliver step change improvements to both process and product attributes.
For more information on what it is like to work for us, please watch this video: Cardinal Health - Wings (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zA4HVn5g5DI) .
Your Contributions to the Organization will be to :
- Develop and implement innovative solutions to operations problems and issues.
- Apply knowledge of processing systems in a variety of situations ranging from quality improvement, new product development and productivity.
- Drive process improvements for existing manufacturing products and processes, process development for new products and root cause understanding for production issues.
- Apply statistical methods including DOE, SPC, Flow Charting, and FMEA tools as part of routine process analysis.
- Provide input and support for new product process concepts and implement technology advancements and best practices into operations.
Industrial Controls and Automation
- Effectively plan, develop, implement and control assigned capital projects to ensure they are completed safely, on time and within budget as defined through project charters.
- Understand Corporate Capital Acquisition Requests (CAR) process and initiate new capital projects.
- Work closely with all internal departments, trades, equipment suppliers, and outside contractors to meet clearly defined objectives.
- Create and modify equipment parts drawings and floor layouts primarily using Solid Edge and AutoCAD.
- Design and develop new control systems for process control and machine safety guarding, interlocks, light curtains etc.
- Recommend and purchase new equipment to advance product defect detection and plant automation.
- Test, maintain, modify and upgrade control systems for existing equipment.
- Prepare complete and accurate controls engineering documentation.
- Modify, write and construct machine PLC programs and HMI interfaces.
- Provide support and advance in house trades skills in the areas controls and automation.
- Act as Electrical design resource for plant operations, design of power distribution, controls and automation of facility and production equipment and systems.
- Preparing technical specifications for tender and construction.
- Assist in defining of equipment and installation specifications for electrical systems, detailing/review of technical specs and authoring complete technical specification.
- Performing pre-commissioning and start-up activities for electrical systems.
- Ensuring consistency and integrity of electrical design throughout project and reviewing design changes for logic and functionality.
- Industrial control expertise involves working on projects and tasks involving the design, programming and implementation of industrial control systems.
- Operation and maintenance of the equipment involve 24/7 support
- Knowledge of the Ontario Electrical Safety Code and other relevant industry codes and standards (CSA, IEEE, NFPA, ANSI, IEC)
- Be a champion of change in alignment with corporate change control procedures and stringent validation requirements.
- Develop, execute and document protocols and reports for test methods, process studies and process validations, maintain accurate and compliant documentation to meet company and regulatory expectations.
- Support for manufacturing issues, CAPA’s, SCARS and audits.
- Interface with R&D and marketing to develop new products.
- Writes and/or updates all documentation used on the production floor in the manufacturing of product, including process, general and lab procedures.
Facilities and Maintenance
- Assist maintenance department with the development of maintenance excellence programs in the areas of predictive, preventive and reliability centred maintenance utilizing MAXIMO as the operations electronic asset management system.
- Assist with facility maintenance, upgrades and outside contractor services.
- Technical resource to trades department for equipment, process, test equipment, and general manufacturing techniques.
The Job might be for you if you have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of industrial/manufacturing engineering experience.
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Access, Minitab, AutoCAD/Solid Edge. Lean and Six Sigma tools and implementation techniques.
- Eligible for membership in PEO.
- Working knowledge of quality system regulations, GMPs and ISO requirements.
- Knowledge of OHSA/WHIMIS Safety requirements.
- Ability prioritize and a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Solid trouble shooting skills and ability to identify root cause and implement long term solutions.
Our Employees all benefit from:
- Full dental and health benefits including life insurance from day 1
- Pension plan with employer matching level contribution
- Incentive plan participation
- Paid vacation days
- Tuition reimbursement
Cardinal Health is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.
Cardinal Health is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Our Human Resources team is responsible for working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here (https://www.cardinalhealth.com/content/dam/corp/email/documents/corp/cardinal-health-online-application-privacy-policy.pdf)
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Cardinal Health Jobs