UTMB Health Laboratory Technical Assistant I, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Research Staff (19.99 Hours or Less, Non-Benefit Bearing) in Galveston, Texas
Laboratory Technical Assistant I, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Research Staff (19.99 Hours or Less, Non-Benefit Bearing)
Galveston, Texas, United States
Research Academic & Clinical
Requisition # 2303043
High school or equivalent. No experience required.
To provide basic assistance in the performance of routine laboratory procedures, specifically DNA preparation and protein purification.
• Performs simple, routine laboratory procedures.
• Cleans and maintains laboratory equipment and work areas.
• Prepares variety of basic chemical solutions used for experimental purposes.
• Performs related clerical duties such as updating statistical records, labeling test tubes and bottles, and performing errands.
• Mixes cleaning solutions according to specifications.
• Adheres to internal controls established for department.
• Performs related duties as required.
Actual salary commensurate with experience.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- UTMB Health Jobs