CDM Smith Manager, Software Asset Management (Hybrid Options) in Fresno, California
Join CDM Smith, a global privately owned engineering and construction firm, as the (Software) IT Asset Manager. We are looking for a self-driven, problem-solving Software Asset Management professional.
A successful Software Asset Manager possesses a combination of business and technical knowledge, efficiently manages software assets, identifies, and negotiates savings opportunities, and provides software compliance and risk mitigation expertise to support comprehensive Software Asset Management function.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Software Asset Management & Procurement
• Liaisons with the finance function to develop best practices to track and report on all technology spending for the firm. Prepares software allocation calculations on an ongoing basis. Works with senior management to create the annual technology department budget. Reviews, analyzes, and advises senior technology management on the budget-versus-actual spend variances and makes recommendations for the portfolio of spend. Makes strategic sourcing decisions based on analysis of spend data and industry best practices and trends.
• Liaisons with the procurement function to assist with technology assets procurement.
• Researches, interviews, and negotiates with suppliers to obtain prices and specifications.
• Designs, oversees and maintains technology asset lifecycle management policies and practices. Provides technology and firm-wide training and documentation on issues related to technology asset lifecycle management strategy, appropriate costing and best practice methods for budgeting.
Compliance, Audit, and Growth
• Develops policies and processes to ensure license compliance. Conducts regular audits and takes corrective action as necessary. Collaborates with stakeholders to develop compliance training.
• Provides administrative support during software audits, assisting with dispute resolution.
• Stays informed of new and updated software and cloud license models and options for key vendor products.
• Coordinates license reclamations and ensures license distributions are completed and optimized in compliance with the relevant contract.
• Monitors processes and ensures they are correct, continuously identifying opportunities for improvement.
People management and other duties
• Manages the day-to-day activity of staff. Provides feedback on performance appraisals. Manages the development and training of staff. Approves paid time off requests (PTO) and ensures human resources policies are followed.
• Performs other duties as required.
Manager, Software Asset Management (Hybrid Options)
• Bachelors Degree.
• 8 years of relevant experience.
Equivalent additional directly related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
• Knowledge of SaaS and PaaS services.
• Familiarity with hardware technology and configurations, including virtualization.
• IAITAM or CSAM certification.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Why CDM Smith?:
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.cdmsmith.com/en/Video/Meet-CDM-Smith)
Join Us! CDM Smith – where amazing career journeys unfold.
Imagine a place committed to offering an unmatched employee experience. Where you work on projects that are meaningful to you. Where you play an active part in shaping your career journey. Where your co-workers are invested in you and your success. Where you are encouraged and supported to do your very best and given the tools and resources to do so. Where it’s a priority that the company takes good care of you and your family.
Our employees are the heart of our company. As an employer of choice, our goal is to provide a challenging, progressive and inclusive work environment which fosters personal leadership, career growth and development for every employee. We value passionate individuals who challenge the norm, deliver world-class solutions and bring diverse perspectives. Join our team, and together we will make a difference and change the world.
Job Site Location:
United States - Nationwide
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No - We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Skills and Abilities:
• Intermediate knowledge of ERP (enterprise resource planning) systems.
• Advanced ability to modify behaviors regarding use of new processes.
• Intermediate knowledge of financial accounting and reporting applicable to assets, costs and risks.
• Advanced knowledge of software or hardware contracts including cost implications through the asset life cycle.
• Advanced knowledge of software or hardware asset life cycle management processes and supporting tools.
• Intermediate ability to manage across organizational boundaries.
• Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Intermediate ability with Microsoft office.
Background Check and Drug Testing Information:
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as “CDM Smith”) reserves the right to require background checks including criminal, employment, education, licensure, etc. as well as credit and motor vehicle when applicable for certain positions. In addition, CDM Smith may conduct drug testing for designated positions. Background checks are conducted after an offer of employment has been made in the United States. The timing of when background checks will be conducted on candidates for positions outside the United States will vary based on country statutory law but in no case, will the background check precede an interview. CDM Smith will conduct interviews of qualified individuals prior to requesting a criminal background check, and no job application submitted prior to such interview shall inquire into an applicant's criminal history. If this position is subject to a background check for any convictions related to its responsibilities and requirements, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history. Criminal history will not automatically disqualify a candidate. In addition, during employment individuals may be required by CDM Smith or a CDM Smith client to successfully complete additional background checks, including motor vehicle record as well as drug testing.
All bonuses at CDM Smith are discretionary and may or may not apply to this position.
Work Location Options:
Hybrid Work Options may be considered for successful candidate.
- CDM Smith Jobs