Amcor Rigid Plastics - Fremont Process Engineer in Fremont, Ohio
Provide technical support to maintain safety and improve and optimize manufacturing operations and processes within manufacturing facility. This position has responsibility for maintaining safe working practices while improving conversion costs in manufacturing, directly impacting competitiveness and profitability in the AFNA business.
WHAT YOU GET TO DO
- Maintains Safety as the number one priority in conducting daily responsibilities, responding to production crew needs, and developing and implementing process improvements for quality, waste and productivity improvement.
- Supports the World Class Operations Management implementation as an active participant on teams and/or pillars.
- Investigates causes of ongoing process, quality, production efficiency and high waste problems. Then develops solutions using problem solving techniques.
- Trains machine operators on new equipment installations, modifications, and new operating procedures.
- Maintains standard operating conditions system which ensures consistent manufacturing equipment processing conditions.
- Works with plant BPI resources to ensure technical support resources are available to production at all times.
- Works with manufacturing supervisors, production crews, and maintenance to troubleshoot manufacturing problems and develop corrective actions to eliminate the return of those problems
- Participates in the evaluation of projects and waivers to aid in the effective scheduling and necessary product development coverage to minimize the risk of machine downtime and high waste due to developmental efforts in manufacturing.
- Works with plant project engineering to facilitate equipment modifications to increase machine productivity and reduce waste.
- Initiates and documents procedures to safely increase machine productivity and reduce waste while maintaining product quality per customer expectations.
- Participates in the training of machine operators on new equipment installations, equipment modifications and new operating procedures.
- May provide supervision to engineering co-op students depending on experience and workload, including performance evaluations, training and directing activities
WHAT WE VALUE
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written, to work with manufacturing operations personnel.
- Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- General knowledge of flexible packaging products, including the desired properties and quality standards for those products.
- Must have strong time management skills to handle multiple ongoing projects in addition to day to day process problems.
- Solid computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel, Outlook, Share Point, and the ability to quickly learn software needed to perform job specific duties.
- Strong knowledge of process used to manufacture and convert flexible packaging. Especially blown film, metallization, flexographic printing, extrusion coating, adhesive laminating, and slitting/winding operations.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
WHAT WE WANT FROM YOU
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Chemical, Electrical, Mechanical or Industrial) with 1-3 years of experience.
- Trade journals, trade shows, technical seminars, management seminars, equipment supplier contacts and raw material contacts.
- Professional development classes in the areas of communication, conflict resolution, problem solving skills, statistical process control, advanced uses of software packages, world class manufacturing principles, quality systems, and other related fields.
We expect our people to be guided by T