Insight Global Engineering Technician, Test and Abuse in Fremont, California
Insight Global is looking for a Engineering Technician to work at one of the Bay Area's largest automotive companies, utilizing specialized equipment to test and validate cells, modules, battery packs and related components under electrical, mechanical and thermal stresses. You will perform complex destructive testing and gather data from a variety of sensors; preform teardown inspection post-testing and gather data to be used for further analysis; maintain test equipment and data collection tools; perform periodic maintenance, calibration, and repairs; troubleshoot data acquisition systems and sensors; collaborate with other teams on sample build, preparation, and instrumentation; and follow and edit standard operating procedures.
Skills and Requirements
* Experience with a variety of hand and power tools
* Strong electrical background
* 1-2+ years' experience in a lab/shop setting
* Experience using or troubleshooting data acquisition systems and sensors * Experience working with lithium-ion batteries, high voltage, or hazardous materials
* Thermal testing experience
* High awareness of safety hazards, procedures, and best practices
* Ability to learn new test procedures and software
* Working knowledge of MS Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook)
* Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
* Eager to learn, independently motivated, and proactive
* Willing to work night shift (4pm-12am) null
We are a company committed to creating diverse and inclusive environments where people can bring their full, authentic selves to work every day. We are an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer that believes everyone matters. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion,sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, ancestry, genetic factors, age, disability, protected veteran status, military oruniformed service member status, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, andordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to HR@insightglobal.com.
- Insight Global Jobs