Dow Chemical Turnaround Maintenance Planner/Execution Coordinator in Freeport, Texas
Turnaround Maintenance Planner/Execution Coordinator
Date Posted:Wed, 09 Jun 2021
Position:Turnaround Maintenance Planner/Execution Coordinator
Country:United States of America
City:Freeport (TX, USA)
- Dow has an exciting job opportunity as a Turnaround Maintenance Planner and Execution Coordinator located in Freeport, Texas.
Under the guidance of the Turnaround Manager (TAM), and as a member of the Core Turnaround Team, the TA Field Planner / Execution Coordinator implements the Global Turnaround Methodology (GTM) to implement a strategy that renews the assets and maximizes long term value creation, and then executes that strategy delivering best in class performance in all phases of the turnaround (planning and front end loading (FEL), pre-work, shutdown, and post-work).
• Collaborate with Operations Turnaround Coordinator to validate value added, detailed job scopes. Ensure plans incorporate all learnings and archived plans from previous turnarounds.• Utilize job scopes, subject matter experts, technical literature, equipment drawings, field visits, job safety aids, safety standards, etc. to develop detailed, safe, efficient job plans• Prepare job packages per a defined, detailed operating discipline utilizing SAP to sequence the jobs and order the materials.• Complete a rigorous planning certification process, and as experience allows mentor other planners.• Collaborate with the scheduler, project teams when relevant, Operations Turnaround Coordinator, and other applicable Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to develop a value creating integrated schedule.• Collaborate with the scheduler and cost controller to develop a value creating labor resource plan.• Procure labor, managed services, and materials per defined labor and material selection processes.• Set up service level agreement meetings with service providers and perform pre walk through exercises / dress rehearsals.• Direct work activity in pre-work, execution, and post-work. Drive safety and productivity performance, remove barriers as needed, update schedules, and approve labor charges.
The Dow Chemical Company does not offer relocation assistance for this position. This includes reimbursement for travel expenses incurred to and from test sessions/interviews. If you apply for a position that is not within the area in which you reside, you will be responsible for all costs that you incur.
• 3 or more years of experience in a chemical or refining manufacturing facility is required.• Experience in and understanding of the flow of maintenance work in various crafts.• Ability to work 4-10s, but adaptability to work flexible schedules including weekends and nights.• Must be 18 years old or older.• Must be willing to work weekends, and holidays, if required.• Must be willing to work overtime (extra hours beyond your regular scheduled) if required.• Must have a current, valid US driver’s license• A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
• 5 or more years of maintenance craft experience or exposure to maintenance work in a refining or petrochemical environment is preferred.• Experience in planning jobs in SAP is also preferred OR equivalent experience in foreman or leadership role.• Proficiency in Microsoft applications, such as Word and Excel, and have the ability to learn new systems quickly.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.• Good interpersonal skills are required.• Must have strong multi-tasking, problem solving and time management skills.• Demonstrate leadership skills - inspire others and lead them through influence.• A self-starter who can identify, prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks.• Must be able to read, write, and speak English.
Must be willing and able to do the following with or without a reasonable accommodation.• Wear safety equipment, such as earplugs, goggles, and steel-toed shoes• Wear and use respirators.• Perform frequent bending, reaching, and lifting.• Work in tight or closed-in spaces.• Climb stairs/ladders and work high off the ground.• Stand or walk for extended periods of time.• Lift a maximum of 50 lbs.• Our safety equipment has weight restrictions. To qualify, you must be able to use standard safety equipment which is rated for someone who weighs 300 pounds or less.
• A minimum of a High School Diploma or GED is required.
This role will have an assessment to complete during the application process. Please allow 30 minutes - 1 hour to complete the assessment at the time of application. You will not be able to save your application for later.Even if you have taken this assessment before please click on the link. An assessment is required for each position you apply to.
A robust total rewards program, including: competitive base pay, variable pay that rewards individual, team, and Company performance, and comprehensive benefits
On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines global breadth, asset integration and scale, focused innovation and leading business positions to achieve profitable growth. The Company’s ambition is to become the most innovative, customer centric, inclusive and sustainable materials science company, with a purpose to deliver a sustainable future for the world through our materials science expertise and collaboration with our partners. Dow’s portfolio of plastics, industrial intermediates, coatings and silicones businesses delivers a broad range of differentiated science-based products and solutions for its customers in high-growth market segments, such as packaging, infrastructure, mobility and consumer care. Dow operates 106 manufacturing sites in 31 countries and employs approximately 35,700 people. Dow delivered sales of approximately $39 billion in 2020. References to Dow or the Company mean Dow Inc. and its subsidiaries. For more information, please visitwww.dow.comor follow@DowNewsroom (https://twitter.com/DowNewsroom) on Twitter.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to equal opportunities in employment. We encourage every employee to bring their whole self to work each day to not only deliver more value, but also have a more fulfilling career. Further information regarding Dow's equal opportunities is available onwww.dow.com.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at http://www.dow.com/en-us/contact-us or you may call us at 1-800-523-3945.
- Dow Chemical Jobs