Tactical Engineering & Analysis, Inc. Test Specialist in Fredericksburg, Virginia
We are currently seeking a Test Specialist to provide direct support to the Naval Information Warfare Center (NIWC) Pacific as a Command and Control Processor (C2P) and Tactical Data Link (TDL) Subject Matter Expert (SME).
Essential Functions/Job Duties:
- Routinely performs C2P systems hardware and software integration, test support, and as required system engineering activities.
- Acts independently as a resident C2P SME providing C2P and TDL systems initialization/configuration, operations, on-line TDL track message monitoring, and post-test analysis. Comprehensive familiarity with Military Standards (MIL-STD) for TDLs including MIL-STD-6011, 6016, 6020, and 3011.
- Builds, manages, and maintains C2P systems hardware/software product inventories comprised of C2P system hard drives, requisite build media, application data, and JTIDS Network Libraries (JNL) for east coast Land Based Test Sites (LBTS).
- Proactively coordinates with NIWC, Site Planning Agents (SPA), site Government, and site engineers on installation, maintenance, and testing of C2P and TDL systems equipment, link system grooms, and tech assist efforts. Provides oversight of C2P systems hardware and software versions and integration status (for test readiness) per site-specific requirements.
- Provides C2P systems test execution expertise during Combat System (CS) test events at LBTS or at-sea including but not limited to, TDL certification (Navy and Joint), acceptance, readiness, final qualification, stress, endurance, Installation and Checkout (INCO), engineering, integration, and Interoperability Development Certification Test (IDCT). Expertise provided includes C2P and TDL systems setup and initialization, systems operation, anomaly identification/documentation, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Responsible for following and executing test steps and/or test cases described and documented in applicable test plan and procedure documentation.
- Collects/records C2P systems data, and conducts preliminary data analysis on C2P Test Observation Reports (TORs) using the C2P Data Analysis Reduction Tool (DART). Provides expertise on removing data collected from TDL devices and preparing data for transfer to NIWC Pacific for analysis. Conducts reach back support to NIWC Pacific to address C2P systems and TDL issues as required.
- Independently provides C2P systems expertise during various technical, programmatic and/or data analysis meetings including but not limited to Mission Readiness Reviews (MRRs), Test Readiness Reviews (TRRs), Test and Evaluation Working Groups (TEWGs), and C2P Tech Refresh (TR)/CDLMS requirements coordination meetings.
- Attends analysis review working groups such as TOR adjudication meetings, and the Navy Analysis Review Panel (NARP) or Joint Analysis Review Panels (JARPs).
- Generic PC Workstation, Servers, and Switches.
- Standard computer equipment
- US Navy Tactical Combat Systems, and Simulation/Stimulation (SIM/STIM) systems.
Typical Working Conditions:
- General office environment
- Computer/Equipment lab
- US Naval Ship (Non-Hostile).
Essential Physical Tasks:
- Must be able to climb up and down ladders aboard Navy Ships. Ability to sit at a desk for extended periods of time, using a computer, keyboard and mouse.
- Ability to lift 20 lbs. on an occasional basis.
- Potential domestic travel 15% of the time by automobile, air, Navy ship, etc.
- Operates standard computer based business tools (including but not limited to Microsoft Word and Excel) effectively.
- Independently generates documentation that presents ideas and/or information in a logical manner.
- Able to organize the information and use the best methods and/or formats for its delivery (i.e. Government instructions, industry standards, etc.).
- Demonstr tes clear and concise written and verbal communication skills in the English language.
- Active communicator - giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate.
- Five (5) years experience with TDLs, Naval CS Test and Evaluation (TandE).
- Familiarity with shipboard Combat Systems (CS) and Interoperability testing/assessment of SSDS suites and associated interfaces, C2P/NGC2P/CDLMS, TDL systems simulators, as well as the various TDL protocols and mediums.
- Preferred, but not required:
- Military Experience not required; however is highly desirable.
- Bachelor of Science degree in a relevant technical discipline is desired.
Customer Interface Activities:
- Interfaces with customer and other contractor/civilian/military representatives utilizing clear and effective written and oral communication skills.
- Able to efficiently adapt to new priorities. This includes effectively multitasking project responsibilities with an awareness to support changes as needed.
- The ability to work non-standard work hours and schedules in support of project requirements.
Travel Less Than 15 %
Minimum Education Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor of Science in related field prefered
U.S. Citizenship is required
Candidates must have an active clearance OR the ability to obtain a US Government security clearance, and will be subject to a US security background investigation (i.e. favorable background investigation / credit score). Additional eligibility requirements for access to various levels of classified information may also be required. An active security clearance is highly desirable.
Tactical Engineering and Analysis, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Minority/Female/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer