Eaton Corporation Application Engineer in Franklin, Massachusetts
Eaton’s North American Sales division has an immediate opening for an Application Engineer. This position is located in our Franklin, MA location. Relocation assistance will be provided for candidates outside of a 50 mile radius to this location.
The expected annual base salary range for this role is $119,714.4 - $175,581.12 a year. This position is also eligible for a variable sales incentive program.
Please note the salary information shown above is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate skills, experience, and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
What you’ll do:
The primary function of a Senior Application Engineer is to support the Electrical Consultants (power system designers) that serve the local commercial, institutional and government markets. A Senior Application Engineer must possess both strong technical and commercial skills and be experienced in electrical power distribution, power quality and control.
This position is responsible for working with electrical consultants and specifying engineers to assist in the layout and specification of medium voltage, and low voltage, power distribution systems. This position will also be responsible for providing technical product and application leadership for external clients, as well as technical mentoring for Eaton sales engineers.
• You will call on electrical engineers at related consulting firms across the assigned sales territory to assist with technical design and position Eaton related products in a preferred position.
• You will provide support on major projects including submittals drawings and interfacing with the consultant and owner.
• You will work with institutional end users to gain acceptance and promote Eaton products.
• You will conduct product seminars and training on Eaton products and solutions at targeted consultant firms.
• You will provide mentoring and training to sales engineers and other employees within and outside of the NAS organization.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
• Minimum 7 years of electrical sales or electrical engineering experience
• Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
• Legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution
• A Professional Engineer (PE) License
• LEED AP certification
• Extensive electrical experience
• Knowledgeable of Eaton Electrical products, services and competitors
• Technical knowledge regarding the application of Power Distribution products including medium and low voltage switchgear, panelboards and switchboards, protective relaying and busway.
• Proficient on some or all of the following products and applications: Three-phase UPS systems, power monitoring products including metering and software, and power control products including low-voltage and medium voltage drives.
• Strategic understanding of the US Power Distribution market.
• Ability to write technical specifications for new projects in a manner that will put Eaton in an advantageous position when the project is bid
• Ability to interface with Electrical Consultant principals and lead Electrical Engineers, as well as Facility Engineers at Universities, Municipalities and End Users
• Problem Solving skills
• Effective communication skills. Ability to interact at all levels of an organization, including consultant or end user organizations.
• Presentation and training skills
• Initiative and self-management skills
• Proven capability to find creative solutions to solve complex technical application problems
• Value selling experience
• Ability to travel up to 25%
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call us at 1-800-836-6345 to discuss your specific need. Only accommodation requests will be accepted by this phone number.
We know that good benefit programs are important to employees and their families. Eaton provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits, and several programs that provide for paid and unpaid time away from work. Click here (https://www.eaton.com/content/dam/eaton/company/careers/US%20Benefits%20updated%2010.24.22.pdf) for more detail: Eaton Benefits Overview. Please note that specific programs and options available to an employee may depend on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
- Eaton Corporation Jobs