Cabot Corporation Instrumentation & Electrical Tech in Franklin, Louisiana
Install, repair, maintain, calibrate instruments and test equipment used to control & measure variables such as pressure, flow, temperature, motion, force and chemical composition. Work on utility electrical system including motors, lighting panes, motor control center and automated systems.
•Monitors and inspects testing equipment and other instrumentation throughout the plant facility on a scheduled basis or as needs arise. Corrects control loop performance issues making minor adjustments or tuning.
• Disassembles and examines malfunctioning instruments and test equipment, such as bar graphs, electrical ovens, multi meters, environmental cabinets to test for defects. Replaces or repairs defective parts. Reassembles and tests equipment for conformance to specifications.
• Continuously identifies problem areas and suggests plans to optimize performance regarding installation, hardware, software and/or process issues in close cooperation with production.
• Performs or monitors installations of new instrumentation and ensures conformance with Cabot and industry standards. Aligns newly installed equipment to conform to special (R&D) testing needs.
• Participates in scheduled safety meetings and completes safety training requirements.
• Provides technical support on capital projects to ensure that plant standards are followed and reliable equipment is installed.
• Keeps working area safe & clean.
• Responds to call-outs and overtime when required.
• Maintains craft specific training and certifications as required.
• Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Certificate/degree from college or technical school for instrumentation or electrical trade.
4 years of industry experience in instrumentation or electrical field
Strong instrumentation aptitude
Excellent troubleshooting skills on various types of equipment
Understanding of PLC equipment and Honeywell DCS equipment a plus
Cabot Corporation is a leading global specialty chemicals and performance materials company headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
We strive to be the most innovative, respected and responsible leader in our markets — delivering performance that makes a difference. As a market leader we collaborate with customers to find innovative solutions that will help them advance their own products for a wide range of industries, from transportation and infrastructure to environment and consumer goods. Our customers worldwide trust our solutions to help them address their needs and accelerate innovation in key applications — creating value and delivering an advantage over the competition. To learn more about Cabot products and applications please click here.
Our culture is based on four core values: respect, integrity, responsibility and excellence in everything we do. We are committed to diversity and inclusion and place high value in creating an inclusive workplace where all employees can contribute, thrive, and advance. We strive to create an environment that is conducive to the spirit of entrepreneurship, innovation and accountability, and empowers every team member to take responsibility for the execution of our strategy. We support and encourage our people to share ideas and explore ways to do things differently. Our passion for excellence and commitment to creating value and business success creates a culture in which everyone can contribute. We are known as one of the global leaders in safety, health and environmental performance, motivated in large part by the commitment and drive of our colleagues around the world.
Our global network consists of over 40 manufacturing facilities throughout North America, South America, EMEA, and APAC regions.
Requisition ID: 2020-9474
External Company URL: www.cabot-corp.com