Marriott Asst. IT Manager (w/m/d) in Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Job Number 21013448
Job Category Information Technology
Location Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel and Conference Center, Hugo-Eckener-Ring 15, Flughafen/ Terminal 1, Frankfurt am Main, Hessen, Germany
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
At Sheraton, we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by our guests and one another – and are driven to make things better. We love what we do, and we give it all we’ve got – on property and off. When guests stay with us, it’s not just a room with a bed that they’re buying. It’s an experience. We’re looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the lives of those around you, we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
Assistant IT Manager
As a member of the Hotel IT team, contributes advanced knowledge and skill in electronic data processing and general hospitality business knowledge to support technology objectives. Position is responsible for planning, decision-making, implementation, and maintenance related to the ensuring security of electronic data processing and systems continuity. May interact with vendors, owners, Executive Committee, and property staff.
Key focus points in this role are:
Together with IT Manager operate and manage all property IT systems.
Manage a team of 2 IT employees.
Property IT infrastructure management
User Support management
Work with IT Manager on vendor management and product development.
Accountable for day to day property IT Operations.
Accountable for the overall IT operating health / targets.
Accountable for keeping IT Manager informed of technology environment, issues, initiatives, and opportunities.
Accountable for operational cooperation with other departments aimed to provide proper business support within IT operations at the property.
Maintain operations direction and tie effectively to the IT long range plan.
Responsible for junior IT talent development.
Accountable for technology pilots that occurs in property.
Education and Experience
• BS/BA or equivalent work experience. Additionally, 2-4 years of relevant experience.
• Previous experience in IR Global Field Services or Marriott Systems Support desirable.
• System-related professional certifications desired.
- good knowledge of german and english
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Ensuring Client Technology Needs are Met
• Uses hardware and software to ensure systems stability, control infrastructure and maintain security within Corporate IT Standards.
• Monitors, verifies, and manages the implementation and maintenance of property - based systems.
• Manages electronic data processing activities including storage, integration, security, and retrieval.
• Analyzes information, identifies current and potential problems, and proposes solutions.
• Maintains, inspects, and manages equipment repair.
• Inspects and ensures the maintenance of the equipment and environment.
• Ensures that computer and network operations are monitored at the property, backup/recovery functions are performed on scheduled basis and administration functions for hardware, operating and application systems are maintained and completed on consistent basis.
• Manages IR activities to ensure the property infrastructure and applications systems continuity.
• Maintains IT hardware/software/networking inventories.
• Generates systems communications for property users to introduce new applications, provide user instructions, alert users of system problems and maintenance plans.
• Consults on specific application issues or hardware/software problems.
Managing Projects and Policies
• Monitors processes and evaluates information according to SOP and LSOP requirements.
• Enforces Corporate IR policies and standards protecting company hardware, software, and other resources at the property.
• Maintain equipment and installed software ensuring compliance with licensing regulations and hardware warranty coverage.
Maintaining Information Systems and Technology Goals
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize and organize work.
• Determines priorities, schedules, plans and necessary resources to ensure completion of any IT tasks set by IT Manager and according to IT project plans.
• Ensures problems are correctly identified, routed, tracked, solved, and properly reported.
• Performs on-site monitoring and follow-up of all projects.
• Ensures that regular communication in all areas of responsibility to IT Manager and HOD’s (if required) aimed to fulfill business objectives, recognizes performance, and produces desired business results.
Demonstrating and Applying Information Resources Knowledge
• Keeps up-to-date technically and applies new knowledge to your job.
• Demonstrates technical expertise, knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
• Communicates with management and co-workers by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
• Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers, and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
• Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Coordinates property efforts, prioritizes needs and communicates those needs to IT Manager.
• Manages vendors for property IT requirements functioning as escalation point for problem resolution.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
- Marriott Jobs