Tenet Healthcare Outpatient Physical Therapist 40 hours Wellness Center in Framingham, Massachusetts
Outpatient Physical Therapist 40 hours Wellness Center - 2105018064
MetroWest Medical Center is the largest community health care system between Worcester and Boston. MetroWest Medical Center is committed to providing high quality, comprehensive care, at a location close to home. The 307-bed regional healthcare system includes Framingham Union Hospital, Leonard Morse Hospital in Natick and the MetroWest Wellness Center. MetroWest Medical Center has been named to the 2019 America’s 100 Best Hospitals List by Healthgrades.
Reporting to the Program Manager and under written referral of a physician and in collaboration with other rehab staff, is responsible for the evaluation of patients’ clinical status, assessment of their rehabilitation potential according to age appropriate guidelines and the design and implementation of age appropriate treatment programs to maximize patient’s level of function. Counsels and educates inpatients and outpatients in the rehabilitation setting.
Split position between the 2 sites (Wellness Center in Framingham 3 days, and Milford Satellite 2 days).
1. Reviews requisitions for physical therapy. Interviews patient and evaluates patient’s physical conditions and needs. Establishes goals in conjunction with patient and family, and plans and implements a treatment program, including a discharge plan. Provides patient/family education and maintains patient confidentiality. Supervises PT or PTA student after one year of clinical experience.
2. Prepares written documentation as required by the profession and the department, such as evaluation results, treatment plans, progress reports, and other such reports.
3. Communicates observations, facts, and comments to nursing and interdisciplinary team members, both individually and through team meeting presentations to ensure efficient coordination of the overall health care plan. Provides guidance and direction to those assigned to assist.
4. Determines proper equipment usage, application, and body position in the administration of treatment. Is competent in the usage of all equipment/modalities standard in the practice of rehabilitation. Recommends modification or change in the patient’s program based on own evaluation of progress. Confers as necessary with physicians concerning alternatives available.
5. Maintains department policies, procedures, objectives, and quality assurance, safety, environmental, and infection control programs. Participates in performance outcome and improvement activities, continuing education and research activities, and clinical program development activities. Attends meetings as required and participates on committees as directed. Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, inservice meetings, workshops, etc.
1. BS or MS and certificate in Physical Therapy from an accredited program. Successful completion of all clinical affiliations and certificate requirements for Physical Therapy Degree.
2. Valid Massachusetts license and CPR certification.
Job : Therapy and Rehabilitation
Primary Location : MA-Framingham
Hospital/Facility : MetroWest Framingham Union Hospital
Job Type: : Full-time
Shift Type: : Rotate
Req ID: 2105018064