BMP Maintenance Group BMP Technician in Fostoria, Ohio
Full Time Regular
*SUMMARY: *The purpose of this position is to continuously improve the quality of the Fostoria area facilities by regularly maintaining and improving the building structure, support systems, and grounds. This position requires general knowledge and experience in all aspects of building construction, repair and maintenance of buildings and grounds. This position will sustain the Mission and Motto and Food Safety and Quality Statement of the Mennel Milling Company.
PRIMARY WORK SHIFT: This position works Monday - Friday 7AM-4PM.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: *To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without accommodation. *
- Follow all food and personal safety rules and regulations in respect to GMP's, OSHA, HACCP, the Global Food Safety Initiative, the US FDA Food Safety Modernization Act as stated in the FS&Q Statement, and sanitation guidelines as set forth by the company as listed in Corporate Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) and attend all required training sessions. Maintain the department/facility in an everyday audit ready condition.
- Executes and completes work assigned by the crew leader to the best of his or her ability.
- Paints and maintains facility floors, walls, ceilings, equipment, and plumbing systems.
- Repairs and maintains plumbing systems, supply and waste, including fixtures.
- Repairs and maintains lockable hardware such as doors and windows.
- Assists in the construction, alteration, preparation, and repair to structures made of wood, plaster, steel, concrete or brick.
- Assists in the installation, repair and maintenance of facility roofing systems to prevent potential failures and to improve reliability.
- Maintains facility grounds by performing lawn mowing, landscaping and snow removal.
- Repairs and maintains various pieces of equipment in accordance with manufacturer's specifications and recommendations, as well as any applicable operation manuals.
- Repair engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, production machines and other equipment as assigned.
- Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements using rules, calipers, micrometers and other measuring instruments.
- Replaces defective parts through the use of effective trouble shooting.
- Start and test all equipment after maintenance is performed to check for proper performance.
- Interacts with customers, supervisors, and engineering staff to improve methods and systems.
- Continuously upgrades skills and knowledge to remain current with the latest technology.
- Applies new skills and technology to increase safety and sanitation of the facilities maintained.
Other duties may be assigned.
*SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: *This position has no supervisory duties.
QUALIFICATIONS: *The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job. *
A minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent required;
A minimum of 3 years of building trades experience is preferred.
Must exhibit a high aptitude of troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
Must have good communication skills in order to effectively work within the BMP crew.
Must have a s