Lockheed Martin Software Engineer - Skunk Works - Level 2 in Fort Worth, Texas
Description: Who We Are:
The Skunk Works (Lockheed Martin Advanced Development Program) in Fort Worth, TX, is looking for world class talent in Software Design, Development, Engineering, and Testing to be a part of an Agile team that will carry on our 70+ year tradition making history in advanced aircraft development.
Who You Are:
This position is for an early career Software Engineer supporting the Mission Systems Roadmaps (MSR) Foundational Technology & Common Systems portfolio. You will perform duties as assigned as part of the Enterprise Open Systems Architecture (E-OSA) team within the Engineering & Technology organization. You will be responsible for working with the E-OSA team, internal software teams, cross-functional LM programs, and external customers to develop, integrate, and test middleware applications.
As a software engineer, you will apply your technical skills to solve challenging middleware problems in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. You’ll contribute to software solutions with an eye toward commonality and reusability to reduce customer costs. You will participate in the full development lifecycle, from requirements and design to implementation, testing, hardware integration, and sustainment. Along the way, you’ll develop your own skills and build interpersonal relationships with peers to facilitate healthy collaboration to deliver on customer needs.
You will be expected to:
• Apply technical expertise to develop and integrate software solutions that may require investigation and critical problem solving
• Candidate will be expected to work with all stakeholders to ensure software compliance and coding best practices
• Ability to shift priorities quickly in alignment with Program and Customer needs
• Must be self-motivated and self-directed with a strong work ethic and time-management
• Ability to build and maintain relationships, collaborate with others, engage in constructive critique and manage interpersonal dynamics
Note: While there could be some flexibility with situational remote work, the unique requirements of this position requires you to be onsite full-time.
Up to 25% travel will be required for this position.
***Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access and the ability to obtain a Secret clearance to be considered.***
What’s In It For You:
3 Day Weekends Every Weekend!
This opportunity is also eligible for a sign-on bonus for external applicants.
From flexible work schedules to comprehensive benefits investing in your future and security,Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package here.
This position is in Fort Worth, TX
• Bachelor’s degree or above from an accredited college in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or a related STEM discipline
• Experience with C++, Java, or a related language
• Experience with Windows or Linux development
• Experience with software integration and testing
• Comfortable with command line interface environments
• Experience with Git, GitLab, containers, and CI/CD concepts and principles
• Experience with Open Mission Systems (OMS) and the Universal Command and Control Standards Initiative (UCI)
• Linux and/or Windows networking experience
• Experience with integrating hardware and software in a lab environment
• Experience with software integration conducted with software from multiple different teams
• Experience with Agile methodologies
• Experience with Rust, Python
Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.
Clearance Level: Secret
Other Important Information You Should Know
Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.
Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.
Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per week
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
At Lockheed Martin, we use our passion for purposeful innovation to help keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges. Our people are some of the greatest minds in the industry and truly make Lockheed Martin a great place to work.
With our employees as our priority, we provide diverse career opportunities designed to propel, develop, and boost agility. Our flexible schedules, competitive pay, and comprehensive benefits enable our employees to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work. We place an emphasis on empowering our employees by fostering an inclusive environment built upon integrity and corporate responsibility.
If this sounds like a culture you connect with, you’re invited to apply for this role. Or, if you are unsure whether your experience aligns with the requirements of this position, we encourage you to search on Lockheed Martin Jobs , and apply for roles that align with your qualifications.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: AERONAUTICS COMPANY
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Systems Engineering: Software
- Lockheed Martin Jobs