Texas Health Resources Certified Sterile Processing Tech - Evenings; 2:30pm to 11:00pm - Experience Preferred - Southwest Fort Worth in Fort Worth, Texas
Certified Sterile Processing Tech, Full Time
See what working at a “100 Best Company To Work For” is like!
Are you looking for a rewarding career with an award winning company? We’re looking for a qualified Certified Sterile Processing Tech to join our Texas Health family.
Work location: Texas Health Southwest
Work environment: Central Sterile Processing
Work hours: Full-time, 40 hours weekly, 2:30pm – 11:00pm; Call Required
Salary range: $16.09 - $25.28 per hour (based on relevant experience)
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Southwest Fort Worth is a 222-bed full-service facility that includes surgical and imaging services, a 24-hour emergency department, orthopedics and sports therapy, adult critical care, and a Level III neonatal intensive care unit. Texas Health Southwest Fort Worth, which has been serving Tarrant County residents since 1987, has 1,100 employees, 120 volunteers, and more than 600 physicians on its medical staff. The hospital is Magnet-designated, a designated UnitedHealth Premium Surgical Spine specialty center and has earned Quality Respiratory Care Recognition from the AARC. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
• H.S. Diploma or Equivalent
• CSPDT – Certified Sterile Processing and Distribution Technician required OR
• CBSPD – Certification Board for Sterile Processing & Distribution required OR
• CRCST – Certified Registered Central Service Technician required
• At least one year of sterile processing hospital experience preferred
Position Responsibilities A Certified Sterile Processing Tech with Texas Health will be required to have a high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, acceptable grooming practices and the ability to function in a fast-paced, changing environment.
In addition to the required qualifications, a successful Certified Sterile Processing Tech will:
• Perform scanning of instrument trays for location and creation of count sheet/label.
• Demonstrate proper assembly technique for instrument trays.
• Demonstrate wrapping/containing of instruments/tray.
• Perform scanning of instrument trays to track location using the SPM system.
• Demonstrate decontamination process according to policy and procedure. Cleaning of instruments manually using automated cleaners
• Perform tests and documents as directed to ensure proper operation of washers and Emergency Eyewash and Shower
• Demonstrate the proper loading technique for sterilization method.
• Scan prepared items into correct sterilizer load.
• Demonstrate procedure requirements needed to complete prior to sterilization operation.
• Operate sterilizer according to the manufacturer’s instructions and the department’s policy.
• Demonstrate procedure for removal of items following sterilization.
• Demonstrate monitoring procedures.
• Scan and deliver item to the proper storage place
• Effectively utilize infection control concepts.
• Effectively handle all chemical and cleaning agents used for cleaning, decontamination and sterilization of instruments and equipment.
• Describe what to do in the event of a chemical spill or related injury.
• Demonstrate safety precautions when operating washers and sterilizers.
• Follow safe lifting techniques as well as proper techniques for handling instruments
• Demonstrate processing and distribution of special medical emergency carts, and Urology carts
• Assist Service Window customers according to established guidelines.
• Monitor supplies as necessary.
Why Texas Health As a Texas Health Certified Sterile Processing Tech, you’ll enjoy top-notch benefits including 401(k) with match, paid time off, competitive health insurance choices, healthcare and dependent care spending account options, wellness programs to keep you and your family healthy, tuition reimbursement, a student loan repayment program and more.
At Texas Health, our people make this a great place to work every day. Our inclusive, supportive, people-first, excellence-driven culture make Texas Health a great place to work.
Here are a few of our recent awards:
2021 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (7th year in a row)
Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4 years running)
“America’s Best Employers for Diversity” list by Forbes
A “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials" by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
Additional perks of being a Texas Health Certified Sterile Processing Tech:
Gain a sense of accomplishment by contributing in a teamwork environment
Positively impact patients’ quality of life
Receive excellent mentorship, comprehensive training and dedicated clinical leadership resources
Enjoy opportunities for growth
Explore our Texas Health careers site for info like Benefits , Job Listings by Category , recent Awards we’ve won and more.
Do you still have questions or concerns? Feel free to email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Texas Health Resources
- Texas Health Resources Jobs