Arena Technical Resources, LLC Information Security Specialist III in Fort Hood, Texas
Fort Hood, TX
Cyber, IA, C&A
Information Security Specialist III
In Fort Hood, TX
Job DescriptionB Technology has an immediate opening for an Information Security Specialist to join our rapidly growing team. The Information Security Specialist Performs under general direction and uses current information security technology disciplines and practices to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of Government information assets in accordance with established standards and procedures. Develops and maintains knowledgebase on changing regulatory, threat, and technology landscapes to continually develop or maintain security policies and standards, and ensures compliance throughout the organization; Provides Risk Management Framework, circuit/system accreditation and certification policy services; Participates in the development or modification of the computer environment IA security program plans and requirements; Develops procedures to ensure system users are aware of their IA responsibilities before granting access to DoD information systems; Recognizes possible security violations and takes appropriate action to report the incident, as required; Ensures IA security requirements are appropriately identified in computer environment operation procedures; and collects and maintains data needed to meet system IA reporting requirements.
Responsibilities: (Not listed in order of importance; other duties may be assigned) and must be able to perform the following with minimal guidance:
• Provide oversight for the Computer Network Defense-Service Provider (CNDSP)
• Work with system owners to close IAVMs/ICVMs and open Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&Ms) in a rapid fashion, in accordance with DoD instructions/directives. Review all POA&MS with the Program Manager on at least a quarterly basis and update the POA&Ms accordingly.
• Provide Defense in Depth principles and technology in security engineering designs and implementation
• Analyze existing and future systems, reviewing security architectures, and developing engineering solutions that integrate information security requirements to proactively manage information protection
• Apply security risk assessment methodology to system development, including assessing and auditing network penetration testing, antivirus deployment, risk analysis
• Conduct Computer Incident Response Team (CIRT) activities, including forensic analysis
• Engineer and deploy network defense countermeasures such as anti-virus, anti-spam, and intrusion detection and prevention system solutions
• Analyze IA security events, including threat model development and resulting security risk analysis of systems
• Review and assess information security events and logs via sophisticated security information/event manager
• Plan, implement, and manage a Defense In Depth for the total network and/or enclaves within the network to include such items as: scanning, remediation, host and network intrusion detection/prevention, firewalls, proxy servers, web cache, virus programs, vulnerability scanning, content filtering, remote dial in protection, Host Based Security Services, Directory Services, and Certification and Accreditation, DoD Instruction 5200.40, accreditation guidance and advice IAW AR 25-2 and IA Best Business Practices (BBPs). Plan, respond, investigate, and report undisclosed classified incident remediation.
• Assess and mitigate system security threats/risks throughout the program life cycle
• Validate system security requirements definition and analysis and review/approve System Security Plans for enterprise-wide architectures
• Maintain Agency public key infrastructure system Implement security designs in hardware, software, data and procedures
• Provide support for the Department of Defense (DoD) Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) service.
• Responsible for requesting, receiving, installation, and accountability of system (server) PKI certificates and providing technical support for PKI.
• Provide Certification and Accreditation, as well as provide Automated Information System Accreditation support
• Provide Security Risk Assessment. Perform risk analysis of resources, controls, vulnerabilities, impact of losing systems’ capabilities and threats to the mission objective; provide analysis to facilitate decisions to implement security countermeasures or mitigate risk; implement countermeasures; periodically review program. Recognize possible threats and review evaluations for compliance and non-compliance.
• Other duties as required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Computer Engineering, or related discipline
• 3+ years of experience performing Information Assurance functions and using RMF IT security controls and policies
• Must possess and maintain an IT-I level certification IAW AR 25-2 and IAT-II/IAM-II certifications IAW DoD 8570.01-M
• Secret Clearance
• Ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines
• Capable of conveying complex information in a simplistic manner
• Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
• Strong self-starter requiring minimal supervision
• Able to take proactive measures to prevent problems rather than reactive by nature
• Strong verbal and written communication to effectively express concepts, plans, and proposals
• Must be a U.S. citizen
Position requires an active DoD Secret security clearance
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position may require typing and reading from a computer screen. Must have sufficient mobility, including but not limited to bending, reaching, and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. May include lifting weight up to thirty (30) pounds as necessary.
• Must have valid driver’s license
• Clean driving record
• Occasional use of company vehicle while on work site