The Child Center of NY Engagement Specialist in Flushing, New York
The Engagement Specialist is responsible for outreach and student retention in the program. Through rigorous outreach methods and student retention techniques, the ES will boost the program’s success. The Engagement Specialist will be responsible for planning and coordination of student events and incentives to increase student participation, academic progress and incentives within YABC. This is a full-time inperson position.
• Perform regular outreach to students who show decreased and/or poor daily attendance via telephone calls, text messages, emails, letters, and home visits. Work with all 3 A-Teams (College and Career Advisors) and come up with a plan for this outreach. Maintain proper documentation and record keeping including daily attendance logs. Outreach will be documented in Skedula for ongoing record keeping.
• Assist in making phone calls, text messages and emails, with targeted focus on hard-to-reach students, those most at-risk, and possibly chronic LTA students
• Work with team members (CCNY and DOE) to develop outreach strategies to engage students exhibiting decreased and/or poor daily attendance. • Meet outreach goals as established by program.
• Establish and maintain two-way communication with parents and students to promote student involvement.
• Oversee daily student arrivals and dismissals.
• Assess and refer students to the appropriate support staff.
• Develop and implement programs to increase student participation with support of A-Teams. Serve as Student Event Coordinator to increase student engagement and create engagement documents such as posters and fliers. Use result-based consensus model to plan upcoming events and incentives.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• None Minimum
• High School Diploma or equivalency.
• 1 year of experience.
• Bilingual in one or more of the following: Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese, Bengali and others, may be required depending on client needs.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
• Ability to plan and carry out assignments independently.
• Ability to prioritize, adhere to timelines and multi-task.
• Associates Degree in Human Services or related field.