Holcim US Process Engineer II in Florence, Colorado
Process Engineer II
Requisition ID: 4284
Florence, CO, US, 81226
Pay Type: Salary
Estimated Annual Wage Range $91,000 to $105,000
ARE YOU READY TO BUILD PROGRESS WITH US?
Driven by our purpose: Building progress for people and the planet. We are transforming to become the global leader in innovative and sustainable building solutions. Holcim is enabling greener cities, smarter infrastructure and improving living standards around the world. With sustainability at the core of its strategy Holcim is becoming a net zero company, with its people and communities at the heart of its success. The company is driving circular construction as a world leader in recycling to build more with less. Holcim is 70,000 people around the world who are passionate about building progress for people and the planet through four business segments: Cement, Ready-Mix Concrete, Aggregates and Solutions & Products.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Process Engineer is responsible for the operational improvements of all aspects of the Plant production and for the computer applications to process controls.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
• Demonstrates a commitment to communicating, improving and adhering to safety policies in all work environments and areas.
• Analyze operations of the Plant and make recommendations for process improvement including Cost/Benefit Analysis.
• Develop process control automation and computer applications for process control.
• Prepare computer reports on the process of operating efficiencies and failure investigation tests.
• Perform gas flow measurements in operational areas, work outdoors, engage in physical labor carrying measurement equipment, work at heights, and in confined spaces.
• Perform inspection routines in operational areas
• Assisting the plant in optimizing equipment efficiency to enhance production rates and reduce fuel and power consumption.
• Collaborating with the plant and the Engineering Department on initiatives related to automatic process control projects.
• Conducting process audits at the plant, engaging with plant personnel to review equipment key performance indicators against budgeted figures, and offering recommendations for operational improvement.
• Ensuring the upkeep of consistent and precise process-related reports and documentation, including production reports.
• Aiding the plant in extending the lifespan of the kiln's refractory materials and overseeing the maintenance of company-wide software used for tracking refractory life.
• Perform tests on operating plant systems to determine the efficiencies of the equipment.
• Provide assistance to management in maintaining the Plant within environmental and quality performance regulations.
• Perform ISO Audits and involved with Month End activity reporting.
• Other duties as assigned.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Education: Bachelor's degree
Field of Study Preferred: Chemical, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
Required Work Experience: 3-7 years
Required Computer and Software Skills: SAP, TIS, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
Additional Requirements :
Demonstrate a commitment to communicating, improving and adhering to health, safety and environmental policies in all work environments and areas. Promote a culture of safety and exhibit these behaviours.
Successful candidates must adhere to all safety protocols and proper use of Holcim approved Personal Protection Equipment ("PPE"), including but not limited to respirators. Subject to applicable law, employees that are required to wear respirators must be clean shaven where the respirator seal meets the face in order to pass the qualitative and quantitative fit tests.
WHAT WE OFFER
Retirement Savings: Choose from 401(k) pre-tax and/or Roth after-tax savings
Medical, Dental, Disability and Life Insurance coverage
Holistic Health & Well-being programs
Health Savings Accounts (HSAs) & Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) for health and dependent care
Vision and other Voluntary benefits and discounts
Paid time off & paid holidays
Paid Parental Leave (maternity & paternity)
Educational Assistance Program
Dress for your day policy
This position is expected to be open until 3/31/2024
YOUR HOLCIM EXPERIENCE
At Holcim, there is endless opportunity for you to play your part. Whether you’re in a technical, managerial, or frontline role, you can shape a career that works for you. With us you’ll have the chance to embrace the passion we share for our planet. You’ll be encouraged to seek out diverse perspectives, share your ideas and build the skills and connections you need to perform at your best. Because it’s only when we work together in a culture where everyone thrives, that we can build the world we all want to live in.
Click to view Company Benefits Overview (https://rmkcdn.successfactors.com/65809a03/43b9d8dc-3fe7-4a1c-98be-1.png)
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request accommodation in order to apply for a position with us, please call (773) 355-4557 or email firstname.lastname@example.org . This email address and phone number should only be used for accommodations and not general inquiries or resume submittals.
Please visit our Pay Transparency Policy Statement (https://rmkcdn.successfactors.com/65809a03/24646738-50fc-475e-bf73-0.jpg)
Driven by our purpose to build sustainable solutions for people and our planet, Holcim US encourages interested candidates who meet many, even if not all of the job requirements to apply for a position. We provide a safe working environment for all and strive for diversity in our teams and inclusivity in our work.
We take pride in our hiring processes and our commitment to all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information, citizenship, physical or mental disability, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Our goal is to drive diversity in our teams and inclusivity in our work. Holcim (US) Inc., Holcim - ACM Management, Inc., and their affiliates and subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer, deciding all employment on the basis of qualification, merit and business need.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Nearest Major Market: Colorado Springs
- Holcim US Jobs