University of Michigan-Flint IT Security Specialist in Flint, Michigan
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The University of Michigan-Flint Department of Public Safety is hiring a Security Specialist. Reporting to the Emergency Manager and Physical Security Coordinator, this role supports our Video Surveillance, Access Control, and Information Technology systems. The Electronic Security Specialist maintains records, troubleshoots issues, and collaborates with University IT staff. Additional duties related to information technology and electronic security may be assigned.
- Support public video surveillance technology.
- Provide system support for Department of Public Safety hardware and software systems.
- Support access control systems for campus buildings.
- Assist in the deployment of applicable IT equipment.
- Submit recommendations to improve the efficient use of system software and hardware.
- Propose new systems to address potential shortcomings in operations.
- Respond to special requests for system data.
- Maintaining and updating system files necessary to control all aspects of system operations and access.
- Troubleshoot software and hardware issues.
- Collaborate with University IT staff.
- Present ideas and recommendations to peers and management.
- Associate degree or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience in a related field.
- Two or more years of experience installing, configuring, and maintaining IT security camera systems, card access systems, and associated video management software or related experience.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Michigan driver's license, evidenced by a clean driving record, due to the need to operate University vehicles.
- Some familiarity with public safety, including law enforcement, military, private security, or related fields.
Why Work at Michigan?
In addition to a career filled with purpose and opportunity, The University of Michigan offers a comprehensive benefits package to help you stay well, protect yourself and your family, and plan for a secure future.
- Generous time off
- A retirement plan that provides two-for-one matching contributions after 12 months of eligible service, with immediate vesting.
- Many choices for comprehensive health insurance.
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability coverage
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and dependent care expenses
Eligibility for benefits is based on your job group, your appointment percentage and the length of your appointment. Learn more about employee benefits and eligibility and download the Comprehensive Benefits for Faculty and Staff flier.
For tuition support information can be found at: https://www.umflint.edu/hr/benefits/
Information about our vision, mission and values can be found at: https://www.umflint.edu/chancellor/leadership-mission-vision/
University of Michigan-Flint - Plan for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The University of Michigan-Flint?s DEI plan can be found at: https://www.umflint.edu/dei/?
The University of Michigan-Flint exhibits its commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion through enacting fair practices, policies, and procedures particularly in support of the equitable participation of the historically underserved. UM-Flint recognizes the value of diver