Siemens Sr Mechanical Thermal Engineer in Flanders, New Jersey
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as Sr Mechanical (Thermal Analysis) Engineer. The Senior Mechanical Thermal / Thermodynamics Engineer will provide high quality engineering and analytical expertise for all Thermal and Thermodynamics Engineering design and development projects within Lab Diagnostics (LD), Global Engineering Organization (GEO) for Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics, Inc.
This is a role well suited to an ambitiousprofessional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Sr Mechanical ThermalAnalysis Engineer, you will be responsible for :
· High quality, timeliness and costs-effectiveness of advanced simulation of thermal and environmental systems and components.
· Quality, timeliness and costs-effectiveness of Thermal/Thermodynamics Engineering and Thermal Control designs for all development projects within LD Global Engineering Organization.
· Actively participates in identification of potential technical problems and provides effective solutions by application of concepts, techniques, knowledge, and processes; display original thinking in applying principles, theories, and concepts on a wide range of problems within the field of Thermal/Thermodynamics Engineering.
· Works closely with Fluidics, Mechatronic, Systems, Electrical, Controls, Structural, and Software Applications Engineers as well as with Reliability and Test Engineers on full integration of Thermal/Thermodynamics Engineering into product development.
· Responsible for timely and high quality documentation of design progress, preparation and execution of technical reviews.
· Actively participate in continuous improvement efforts for the Thermal/Thermodynamics Engineering function, contributes to development and administration of Process, Practice and Procedures (PPPs) in the area of Thermal/Thermodynamics Engineering.
· Applies best practice and appropriate tool usage in actual daily practice.
· Must be able to apply first principles (i.e. conservation of energy and momentum) to verify CAE and experimental results
· Appropriately document designs, activities, and knowledge growth to meet project, organization, and regulatory needs.
· Works with external vendors in close cooperation with LD supply chain management.
· Travels as required by of cross-site product development.
Requiredskills to have for the success of this role
· Demonstrated ability to independently model complexthermal and fluidics problems using STAR-CCM+ software as well as modelingvalidation and verification.
· Demonstrated ability to independently carryout thermal experimentation (LabVIEW, Data acquisition system wiring,thermocouple calibration)
· Demonstrated goodunderstanding of fundamentals of thermodynamics and heat and mass transfer in dry and humid environments including condensation and evaporation phenomena.
· Working knowledge of Linux operating systemis strongly preferred
· Demonstrated understanding of mechanical design and product development for robust performance with minimized cost and high manufacturability.
· Ability to critically evaluate existing Thermal / Thermodynamics Engineering design and propose performance improvements.
· Great oral and written presentation skills. The ability to communicate work progress in a manner leading to establishment of credibility with senior leadership.
· Previous experience with design of medical Lab Diagnostics instruments is a big plus
· Experience of working in a large global corporate matrix environment is a plus.
· Experience of working in multi-discipline teams.
· Working understanding of Design Optimization and Robustness, Knowledge Briefs and Knowledge Gap Analysis is strongly preferred.
· Experience spanning all phases of product development from concept creation through commercialization
· Ability to create statistically sound test cases for product or feature performance demonstration and verification.
· Experience selecting, validating, and employing OEM components in a mechanical design
· Ability to apply system-level thinking in the design
· Bachelor’s or higher Degree in MechanicalEngineering with 7+ years of demonstrated practical success in Thermal Engineering/Thermalcontrol/Thermodynamics Engineering
· Experience in product development for Medical/Pharmaceutical/Aerospace/Automotive/HVAC/Computer Hardware/Electronics industry.
· Relevant Certifications such as Professional Engineer license are a plus.
· Active participation in Professional Engineering societies (ASME, ASHRAE, etc.) is a plus.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transformingthe way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers .
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about .
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm) .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/OFCCP/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf) .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here (https://new.siemens.com/us/en/general/legal/us-internet-privacy-notice-state-rights.html) .
- Siemens Jobs