North Country HealthCare, Inc. Behavioral Health Consultant (Flagstaff, AZ) in Flagstaff, Arizona
This job was posted by https://www.azjobconnection.gov : For more information, please see: https://www.azjobconnection.gov/jobs/5984710
North Country HealthCare is transforming healthcare for rural Arizona as a Primary Care, Federally Qualified Teaching Health Center. We provide Family Medicine, Pediatrics, Obstetrics/Gynecology, Dental, Physical Therapy, and Behavioral Health services to the under-served population throughout northern Arizona. We believe in practicing integrative care in an inclusive culture. We treat some of the most vulnerable rural populations in the United States while supporting North Country\'s mission. We are proud of our Family Medicine Physician Residency, our medical education programs, and our passionate team.\ \
Flagstaff has a population of 80,000 and sits at an elevation of 7,000 feet. The city has a true four-season climate which allows residents to enjoy year-round outdoor activities including 8 national parks within a 2-hour drive, hiking, biking, climbing, water and snow sports.
The Behavioral Health Consultant provides brief behavioral interventions to patients with chronic conditions. You will engage in \"warm hand-offs\" from primary care providers and brief follow-ups, as indicated. In addition, you will provide interventions with patients identified as having substance misuse and general mental health concerns. Motivational interviewing and other evidence-based practices experience preferred.
If you enjoy seeing your work uplift individuals, their families, and entire communities, we want to talk to you!
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE
- Assist primary health care providers in recognizing and treating medically related behavioral health and psychosocial problems by performing \"on-demand\" consultations and evaluations during clinic hours.
- Implement the Behavioral Health Integration grant scope of work, which includes implementing SBIRT screening, evidence based practices, and brief interventions in a medical setting.
- Assist adult, family, child, and adolescent populations to identify and adhere to self-management goals focused on improving health outcomes.
- Attend and participate in team meetings, provider meetings, billing meetings and planning activities as appropriate.
- Assist with smooth transition between primary care provider and specialty mental health and/or community resources as appropriate.
- Complete patient charting in the electronic health record system.
- Assist in preventing relapse or morbidity in conditions that tend to recur over time.
- Assess and resolve programmatic issues as they develop, including but not limited to workflow and billing procedures.
- Provide consultations focused on functional evaluations and make short-term behaviorally focused treatment recommendations that apply patient strengths and resources to identified problems.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Continuous learning in both personal and professional development.
- Consistent review, comprehension and reply of company email and related correspondence.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- PhD in Psychology or Master\'s Degree in Social Work, Counseling, or Marriage and Family Therapy
- Two years of behavioral health experience.
- Experience in a medical setting and with underserved or diverse populations preferred.
- Comfort in working with primary care medical providers using a consultative style.
- Some travel required.
- Substance abuse counseling preferred.
- Spanish speaking preferred.
- Knowledge of psychopharmacology preferred.
- Experience with crisis.
- Current Arizona licensure.
- Preferred Licenses: Licensed Clinical Psychologist, Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Licensed Professional Counselor, Independent Substance Abuse Counselor, or Li censed Marriage and Family Therapist.
YOU DO SO MUCH FOR OUR PATIENTS, THIS IS WHAT WE CAN DO FOR YOU!
- Starting bonus
- 25 days paid time off (20 vacation,5 sick) plus 6 federal holidays
- One week paid time off for CE along with a \$2,000 CE reimbursement
- Loan repayment eligible (Our high HPSA score means your chances of being accepted by either state or federal repayment programs is increased.)
- FTCA Medical malpractice provided
- Professional fees paid: state license, board certification, membership dues up to \$500 annually.
North Country is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and Equal Opportunity Employer. North Country HealthCare follows CDC guidelines and federal mandates and requires vaccination against COVID-19 of all its employees. Medical and religious exemptions to this policy are requested and reviewed on an individual basis.
\ \ For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.\ \