Melling Shift Supervisor in Farwell, Michigan
Work requirements (but not limited to):
- Must be abel to work any shift as assigned
- Supervises production operations, establishing priorities for manufacturing products and ensures all product meets required product specifications
- Basic computer skills: access company intranet, perform the essential computer functions as required
- Responsible for maintaining overall cleanliness and organization of work area / work cell. Actively participates in 6S activities, trains and enforces company expectations with regards to 6S. Participate in Internal, Layered and 6S Audits.
- Must have excellent skills of communication and people management for coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees.
- Interprets specifications, blueprints, and job orders to workers, and assigns duties. Educates and directs personnel on the use of control points, equipment and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures
- Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results, establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules, resolving problems, reporting results of the process flow on end of shift summaries.
- Confer with TST to ensure operation of equipment is available by planning for repairs and set-ups.
- Work with Quality Dept on problem solving solutions.
- Certification in restraining & pull-back guard systems. Guard checking
- Must participate and successfully complete training programs as assigned.
- Physical demands, regularly required to use hands to handle or feel. Frequently required to stand, kneel, reach, crouch, and sit. Required to move or lift up to 40 lbs.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. Hearing protection and safety glasses are required
Experience and education: One (1) to Three (3) years of supervisory experience, Associate\'s degree or equivalent preferred.