Continental Electrical Engineer in Fairlawn, Ohio
ContiTech, a division of Continental, is one of the world’s leading suppliers of technical elastomer products and is a specialist in plastics technology. ContiTech develops and produces functional parts, components, and systems for machine and plant engineering, mining, the automotive industry, and other important industries. Our Fairlawn, Ohio location is seeking an Electrical Engineer to join our team.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
• Review and direct all activities related to electrical, control, and automation equipment/systems, with the goal of minimizing engineering & maintenance expenses without compromising safety, while continually improving productivity and energy utilization/efficiency.
• Oversee and lead major projects within the region at a plant level.
• Provide technical expertise in the areas of machine and process design, manufacturing processes, and state and federal government regulations.
• Lead engineering groups, individual engineers or technical assistants, and vendors as required.
• Create, direct, and coordinate the development, design, and implementation of new or revised processes for new or existing products.
• Provide technical support to customers, production, and the commercial organization.
• Allocation of development resources in locating and eliminating sources of manufacturing, design, or application problems.
• Responsible for the development of new machinery and processes starting from the concept stage, through the proposals for funding, quotations, design, build, and testing prior to installation.
• Coach and/or mentor the PLC Technicians and Electricians on both daily tasks and larger projects
• Work closely with customers (internal plants) in such a way as to develop good rapport but steer the process to ensure the application of governmental regulations and ContiTech standards.
• Other duties as required
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
• Immediate Benefits
• Paid Time Off
• Tuition & Employee Discounts
• Annual Bonus
• Employer 401(k) Match
• And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
• Minimum of 5 years of professional experience
• Experience in Industrial/Factory Automation technologies including PLCs, HMIs, Motion and Vision applications.
• Experience with Rockwell PLCs and Siemens PLCs
• Required knowledge: National Electric Code (NFPA70), NFPA79 Publication, Machine Safeguarding Principles/Standards, OSHA, and other pertinent Electrical Regulations and Standards (i.e., NFPA 70E)
• Project Management experience
• Knowledge of Oracle and SQL Data Bases.
• Knowledge of MS Office Software products i.e. Project, Excel, Word, etc.
• Experience demonstrating the applications of sensor technology and usage.
• Experience in AC/DC control circuits and motor/drive circuits.
• Prior experience designing electrical panel enclosures.
• Some travel will be required both domestically and internationally.
• Experience leading formal projects and managing product budgets
• Knowledge of PTC (Kepware) products, preferred
• Planning and installation of the assembly line equipment preferred
• Knowledge of 3 Phase, 480VAC, 440 VAC, 400VAC, 380VAC 50/60Hz. Systems, etc.
• Familiarity of 4160 VAC and 2300VAC medium 3 Phase power distribution.
• Experience in 3 Phase and 1 phase heating circuits, preferred
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
The Business Area ContiTech develops, produces and markets products, systems and intelligent components made from rubber, plastic, metal and textiles. These products are used in mining, the agricultural industry, railway engineering mechanical and plant engineering, the automotive industry and other important sectors of the future.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
- Continental Jobs