CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Elastic Engineer - Active Secret or Top Secret Clearance Required in Fairfax, Virginia
Elastic Engineer - Active Secret or Top Secret Clearance Required
Category: Cyber Security
Main location: United States, Virginia, Fairfax
Alternate Location(s): United States, Louisiana, Lafayette
Position ID: J1122-3523
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI USA - Best version of me
CGI is one of the top 5 largest global IT companies spread across 40 countries with endless opportunities to expand and grow. As a CGI Federal Member, you will have the opportunity to be a shareholder at CGI and join a family of 90,000 members strong.
CGI Federal has an exciting opportunity for an Elastic Engineer. You will work as part of a team that is tasked with implementing a proactive risk management solution to enhance the customer’s defense posture. You will actively identify and mitigate a wide range of cyber risks working closely with a variety of agency stakeholders, supporting their mission, priorities, organization and unique challenges. You will also support the development of additional cyber security offerings focusing on next generation security solutions and technologies.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Collaborate and work with a diverse group of security engineers in developing solutions for complex challenges.
• Configure, maintain and troubleshoot Elastic environments and deployments in lab, development and production environments.
• Provide hands-on administration, implementation and configuration of security tools to enhance the risk posture of customer networks.
• Improve customers’ security deployments while integrating new technologies and services.
• Apply technical expertise in implementing efficiencies and creating strategies to better detect and respond to cyber incidents by prioritizing mitigation actions.
• Work closely with engineering teams and participate in technical meetings with customers’ technical specialists.
• Support Service Delivery and Project Managers and assist with scheduling and prioritizing tasks that meet customer requirements and objectives.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Due to the nature of the contract requirements, US citizenship and successful passing of CGI background check is required prior to beginning work. In addition, candidates must have ability to obtain and maintain a DHS EOD/Public Trust clearance.
• Active DoD Secret or Top Secret clearance required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related degree and 3-5 years of relevant experience; Four additional years of relevant work experience may substitute for a degree.
• Experience working with the ELK stack, including designing Elastic infrastructure environments, performance tuning, managing Elasticsearch clusters, solution development for searching and analyzing indexed data.
• Experience with Logstash to include collecting, parsing and transforming attribute data and log data from disparate sources, understanding the Elastic Common Schema and the use of Filter plugins.
• Experience with Kibana to include developing and manipulating Kibana for visualizations and analysis.
• Proven ability to work closely with customer’s network and operations teams to resolve issues or security concerns of tools/services.
As a Federal Contractor, all members of CGI Federal, regardless of role or work location are required to be fully vaccinated, with the exception of those with approved medical or religious accommodations.
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to: skill set level; experience and training; and licensure and certifications. CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $74,600 - $161,600.
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc.
- CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Jobs