Fluor UPW Maintenance Tech in Essex Junction, Vermont
Job Description Summary
Provide facility maintenance mechanic duties and recordkeeping, particularly in the Ultra-Pure Water (UPW) area at the GLOBALFOUNDRIES facility in Essex Junction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• Complies with all Fluor Corporation safety requirements and programs.
• Wear all required PPE
• Performs basic maintenance tasks and assists senior mechanics on complex tasks.
• Performs maintenance repairs on building/facility systems.
• Assists senior mechanics when working on complex tasks or major repairs and modifications.
• Performs general housekeeping duties in the work areas and shop.
• Completes recordkeeping using computer programs as required.
• Complete pump repair/rebuilding when needed
• Other duties as assigned
Education & Experience
• Education: high school diploma or equivalent required
• Trade school education preferred
• 2 – 4 years industrial or commercial facility maintenance experience required
• 2 years experience applying mechanical concepts within the maintenance industry is required
• Plumbing or pipefitting experience helpful
• Experience working on mechanical pumps or systems would be helpful
• Must be computer savvy and be familiar with basic computer programs – email, work processing, spreadsheets, database
• Knowledge and experience with basic hand tools is required
• Ability to read and interpret building layouts, system drawings and manufacturers’ equipment specifications.
• Ability to lift 40 pounds, climber higher than six feet, and work in confined spaces
• Ability to work with and around chemicals as required
• Appropriate communication skills
• Ability to read technical manuals and prints written in English
• Ability to interface with client personnel in a professional manner
• Positive team attitude
• Willingness to take work direction
• Ability to work independently
Job ID: 127923BR
City: Essex Junction
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.
- Fluor Jobs