Zoological Society of San Diego Ticket Seller - Part Time - San Diego Zoo Safari Park in Escondido, California
Ticket Seller - Part Time - San Diego Zoo Safari Park
15500 San Pasqual Valley Rd, Escondido, CA 92027, USA Req #1063
Monday, May 31, 2021
Are you inspired to be a part of an organization committed to protecting wildlife around the globe? San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance is a mission-based, non-profit wildlife conservation organization with two world famous front doors where we unite our passion for wildlife, expertise in wildlife care, and conservation science to save species from the brink of extinction. Our commitment is to provide visits to the San Diego Zoo and San Diego Zoo Safari Park as opportunities to learn about and engage with best-in-class conservation work, and how that work is changing outcomes for wildlife everyday.
PRIMARY PURPOSE The Ticket Seller performs all job assignments with a positive attitude that supports San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance's mission and vision of saving species worldwide by uniting our expertise in animal care and conservation science with our dedication to inspiring passion for nature and leading the fight against extinction. The Ticket Seller Under general supervision performs a variety of tasks in the selling of Admissions tickets at the Zoo and the Safari Park and provides information to visitors. This position reports to the Admissions Lead, Supervisor and Manager. The primary function of this class is the sale of admissions tickets. The position also performs other clerical office duties in the Admissions Department. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
• Opens and closes cash register in ticket booths • Counts cash and gives correct change • Acts as switchboard relief • Assists in performing general clerical work in Admissions office • Provides general information • Promotes and sells individual group and special tours • Adheres to all SDZWA and department policies and practices • Practices the GRRREAT Customer Service Standards REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES
• Operates a cash register and verify customer identification documentation Verifies customer identification used in cashing personal or traveler checks • Provides general information concerning the Organization’s facilities, exhibits and programs ANCILLARY FUNCTIONS Performs related duties and responsibilities as required. QUALIFICATIONS
Training and/or experience that would demonstrate the essential functions, knowledge and skills listed. Knowledge of:
• Admissions ticket at all locations • Basic computer skills • Effective customer relations skills Skills to:
• Perform arithmetical calculations • Deal tactfully and courteously with the public • Accurately count money and make correct change • Understand and communicate directions or instructions • Work independently with minimal supervision • Perform effectively in a fast paced environment • Communicate and work effectively with others WORKING ENVIRONMENT Work in a variety of indoor and outdoor locations; exposure to varying weather conditions and excessive heat; exposure to allergens; work in confined spaces. PHYSICAL DEMANDS Lifting objects up to 35 pounds; periods of standing, sitting and walking.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR We are looking for dynamic individuals who can provide our guests with an exceptional customer service experience. Requirements include a positive attitude, ability to take initiative, be a team player and have the ability to communicate effectively with guests and co-workers and an eagerness to put your passion for wildlife to work. Interested applicants are preferred to be available any of the seven days of the week, holidays and weekends required.Hours scheduled per week will be approximately 4-24 hours with the possibility of an increase in hours during peak times. Hours will fluctuate as business dictates. Peak period March 20-May 9. Holidays include Easter, Memorial Day Weekend, July 4th, Labor Day Weekend. Regular Park Operating Hours are 9:00 am-5:00 pm daily, with shifts ranging from 7:30 am-4:30 pm. Extended Park Hours range from 9:00 am-7:00 pm, with shifts ranging from 7:15 am-6:30 pm.Desirable qualifications include the ability to perform arithmetical calculations, accurately count money /make change and deal courteously with the guests, operate a computerized point of sale system and verify customer identification documentation and the ability to give standardized verbal instructions repeatedly. These positions will work in two, outdoor locations.
The primary function of these positions will be the collection of the parking fees. Working conditions for these positions include the ability to work in confined or cramped spaces, ability to stand for extended periods of time, exposure to allergens; as well as exposure to a variety of temperatures and weather conditions. Essential functions for these positions include the ability to: • Open and close cash register in ticket booths • Count cash and gives correct change • Provides general information • Adhere to all San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance and department policies and practices •
Please note that we are open every day of the year
Applicants must be at least 18 years of age to apply IMPORTANT DETAILS
Location – Admissions Department – San Diego Zoo Safari Park
Duration – Year Round – Part Time
Positions available - 6
Union position - Starting Hourly wage: $14.00
*If selected for hire, this position requires an initiation fee and monthly dues to be paid to the union
THIS EMPLOYER PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY
SAN DIEGO ZOO WILDLIFE ALLIANCE IS AN EEO/AA/DISABILITY/PROTECTED VETERAN EMPLOYER – San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance makes every effort to ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals and abides by EEO and nondiscrimination provisions of all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org (email@example.com) and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
Join our team and build a career protecting wildlife around the globe with your passion for wildlife!
Job Function 4.07
Pay Type Hourly
- 15500 San Pasqual Valley Rd, Escondido, CA 92027, USA