GECAC - Greater Erie Community Action Committee Administrative Assistant, Finance in ERIE, Pennsylvania
GECAC, the largest anti-poverty organization in Erie, County, PA is seeking an Administrative Assistant in our Finance Department of our Executive Division. With a budget of approximately $12 million and more than 110 staff, we help people and change lives on a daily basis. GECAC helps people throughout Erie County break the cycle of poverty, be self-sufficient and achieve financial independence. Will you join our team?
GECAC is looking for a part time administrative assistant to perform routine accounting, administrative and/or specially assigned duties for the Financial Staff.
This rewarding administrative assistant position is a part-time position working Monday through Friday 10:00am to 3:30pm.
- Processes all monthly and quarterly financial reports as assigned.
- Must be able to compose correspondence for Vice President/Finance as needed.
- Enters journal entries and deposits into the accounting system and updates set of cashbooks as needed.
- Prepares check requests and purchase order requests.
- Separates and mails out all accounts payable batch checks.
- Maintains all financial files for Agency programs.
- Distributes, records and replenishes petty cash account. Records all incoming checks. Prepares receipts for travel returns and all cash turned in Finance.
- Sorts and distributes all incoming and outgoing paperwork.
- Prepares and monitors monthly billings and payments. Monitors payments and notifies Vice President/Finance of all outstanding payments.
- Prepares Annual Lease Agreements and subsequent amendments. Prepares and distributes invoices for Agency's liability insurance. Maintains original contracts for Agency, purchase of service contracts, audit contracts, correspondence and insurance coverage
- Runs errands for the Finance Department as assigned inclusive of bank deposit run.
- Must work with outside auditors to assure proper audit trail.
- Schedules meetings and appointments.
- Operates necessary equipment.
Maintains Finance's supply and forms inventory.
Requires knowledge and skills in accounting field as normally acquired through the completion of a two-year associate degree and three years related work experience.
Must meet immigration law requirements. Act 34 Clearance.
Benefit Package including 403(b) Plan (company match), Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance. Flexible Spending Account, AFLAC and Short & Long Term Disability. Paid Holidays, Vacation, Personal and Sick time. We understand that there is more to life than work.
*Salary: $13.98 -- $18.64/hour depending on experience. *
Deadline to Apply: Until filled.
Apply online at gecac.org. Click on CAREERS scroll down to bottom of page and Click APPLY TODAY or send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Qualified candidates may apply by clicking, "Apply Now". Next, submit your resume. You may complete a cover letter on the following screen. *You must contact the employer via one of the methods listed on the screen after clicking "Apply for this job". * Please be sure to identify PA CareerLink as your referral source.