Robert Half International Senior Payroll Specialist in Emeryville, California
We need a Senior Payroll Specialist to start right away! We are hiring for a consulting firm located in Emeryville to join their 10-person accounting team. Top 3 duties for this position is to do payroll processing, multi-state taxation and 401K Plan. This position will be for at least 6 month with a potential to be hired permanently. This company has payroll expense of about $ 350 million annually.
· Ensure that payrolls are processed timely and consistently based on payroll procedures.
· Assists in the various activities of processing bi-weekly payroll for group of 1100+ employees.
· Assist employees, managers and HR with questions and issues regarding pay discrepancies, pay practices, process and procedures as well as payroll related benefit questions
· Create and review reports each week to ensure the accuracy of the information
· Process salary continuation payments, commissions, other earnings and deductions based on company policies
· Run reports to ensure to ensure that all employees are paid accurately this will include custom reports
· Request stop payments/direct deposit reversals, as necessary
· Create manual checks when required based on state, local and federal tax regulations
· Process employee garnishments and court orders, including responding to any inquiries and questionnaires regarding the order
· Verify payroll output. Document and file all appropriate back-up materials
· Conducts research of complex issues and participates in special projects as assigned
· Make recommendation to Payroll Supervisor and Manager for process improvements as necessary
· Additional responsibility will include one or more of these special areas of focus; tax, garnishment, UTM and reconciliation
· 3 – 5 years of Payroll experience
· Multi-state payroll experience
· Excellent customer service skills.
· Excellent communication and organizational skills.
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
· Excellent time management skills.
· Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information and situation with discretion
Accountemps, a Robert Half Company, matches skilled accounting and finance professionals with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.
Robert Half International
- Robert Half International Jobs