Grifols Shared Services North America, Inc Senior Instrumentation Technician in Emeryville, California
Do you want to join an international team working to improve the future of healthcare? Do you want to improve the lives of millions of people? Grifols is a global healthcare company which, since its foundation in Barcelona in 1909, has been working to improve the health and well-being of people all over the world. Our four divisions - Bioscience, Diagnostic, Hospital and Bio Supplies - develop, produce and market innovative medicines, solutions and services in more than 100 countries and regions.
The incumbent is responsible for the completion of calibration, maintenance, and general support of all types of equipment, instruments, and systems at the Grifols Diagnostics business unit.
Primary responsibilities for role:
● Completion of calibration activities according to schedule, including complex systems.
● Completion of instrumentation repair activities as needed to avoid impact to production schedules, including complex systems.
● Review existing Standard Operating Procedures and calibration procedures for adequacy and notify management of any discrepancies.
● Provide guidance and assist associate technicians with complex calibrations and troubleshooting problems.
● Provide Technical Training to calibration associates as needed.
● May act as lead in absence of personnel in that position.
● May participate on project teams.
● Maintain accurate, legible records of all work performed in accordance with cGMP’s, ISO, and Grifols policies.
● Complete all Quality and Safety training activities on time.
On-time completion of scheduled maintenance and calibrations. Monitor areas of responsibility for continuous improvement.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Must be able to read and interpret P&ID diagrams, electrical wiring diagrams, electrical ladder diagrams, and electronic schematics. Mechanical aptitude and familiarity with a broad variety of electronic test equipment and standards is essential. Must be detail oriented, yet able to switch between dissimilar tasks with ease. Must be able to follow verbal and written procedures. Must be comfortable working with typical Windows based applications such as MS Word and MS Excel. Experience with Maximo CMMS preferred. Experience using calibration tools that use the HART communication protocol preferred. Knowledge of and experience with Windows, and networks operating on these platforms is desirable. Knowledge of and experience with Programmable Logic Controllers and/or Distributed Control Systems is desirable. Biotechnology background, chemical applications expertise, and/or experience working in a highly regulated environment is desirable.
Associate degree in Electronics Engineering, Electronics Technology, or Biomedical Electronics. Relevant military experience or similar certification (such as ISA or EIT certification) in lieu of degree or experience is acceptable.
Three to Five years of related experience, three years of which must have been in calibration that fell under regulatory purview (FDA,FAA,ISO,etc..). Relevant military experience or similar certification (such as ISA or EIT certification) in lieu of degree or experience is acceptable.
Depending on the area of assignment, directly related experience or a combination of directly related education and experience and/or competencies may be considered in place of the stated requirements.
Example: If a job level typically requires an Associate’s degree plus 2 years of experience, an equivalent could include 4 years of experience or a Bachelor's degree.
- May occasionally lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise manipulate objects up to 25 pounds in weight, and/or lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise manipulate objects up to 10 pounds in weight frequently or continuously.
EEO Minorities/ Disability/Veterans
Grifols is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, national origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, genetic disposition or characteristics, disability or veteran's status or any other classification protected by applicable State/Federal laws. We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Req ID: 347928
Grifols Shared Services North America, Inc
- Grifols Shared Services North America, Inc Jobs