Workforce Resources Maintenance Tech - Klingerstown, PA in Elizabethville, Pennsylvania
*POSITION SUMMARY: *
The purpose of the production Maintenance Tech I is to assist in installing and troubleshooting all equipment. The Maintenance Tech I should monitor the machinery on a regular basis to ensure safety and efficiency. All employees, the company and community benefit from the work done by the mechanic ensuring that all equipment is working according to plant needs and customer specifications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and repair all production equipment in assigned area under the guidance of higher-level production mechanics.
- Maintain open, accurate communication with other maintenance employees as well as production management.
- Complete all assigned work orders completely and accurately document all prudent information describing the completion of the work order.
- Perform technical maintenance tasks under close supervision.
- Provide all information necessary to maintain proper parts inventories.
- Work with production operators to identify process improvements wherever possible.
- Assist with other duties and responsibilities as needed.
- Expected to adhere to safe work practices, follow GMP and HACCP guidelines, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained in order to maintain SQF certification. Report to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- One-year certificate from college or technical school or equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and in group situations. Ability to respond to questions from internal/external customers/vendors at all levels including management.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Powered Industrial Truck (PIT) Certification
- Driver's license
- Ability to obtain HazMat certification
- Ability to obtain Confined Space Entry certification
- Ability to obtain LOTO certification
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Experience in a maintenance occupation in a manufacturing environment with strong industrial electrical ability or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties.
- Basic understanding of 3-phase electricity.
- Ability to maintain various pumps (positive pressure, centrifugal, etc.).
- Ability to work independently when directed.
- Ability to structurally weld varying common metals.
- Working knowledge of motor controllers, low voltage electrical systems, proximity switches, photo-eyes, and variable frequency drives.
- Basic understanding of schematics and blue prints.
- Basic understanding of various diagnostic equipment including, but not limited to, ohms meters, voltage meters, etc.
- Thoroughly understand and follow all OSHA and Company regulations as they relate to the maintenance field (LOTO, CSE, PPE, etc.).
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills.
- 10:00PM to 6:30AM
- Sunday to Thursday
- Full Time, 40 Hours
- Must be available to work overtime
PAY: $22.00- $25.00