CDM Smith The Perry Group: Safety Manager (Heavy Industrial, 100% travel) in Edison, New Jersey
Outline of Responsibilities
•Provide technical guidance, training and inspection/risk analysis to construction personnel to ensure compliance with the PGL Occupational Safety & Health Policy Manual.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Particular responsibilities may vary from project to project; however, they essentially include:
• Provides overall Safety and Health direction for projects. • Responsible for PGL overall Safety Program daily (i.e. administration of the PGL Occupational Safety & Health Policy Manual, Training, Job Safety Analysis, etc.).
• Documents accidents/incidents as well as near misses and issues the documentation accordingly.
• Perform accident/incident investigations to identify root cause and generate recommendations to reduce or eliminate hazards.
• Perform follow-up investigations to verify effectiveness. • Plan, organize, develop and implement various required occupational safety training.
• Develop, review and revise written safety related plans. • Ensures all field personnel adhere to all PGL, client and project safety policies, procedures, etc. (verifies all PGL personnel are properly trained).
• Maintains official documentation files for all projects.
• Prepare regulatory required reports to outside enforcement agencies when applicable.
• Provide safety orientation to new personnel arriving at job site.
• Conduct project safety orientation at beginning of construction to all contractors and construction personnel.
• Provides daily safety reports.
• Performs daily job site inspections and uses the Daily Inspection Checklist.
• Provide construction photographs, when applicable, to safety issues.
• Representing the firm in a professional manner while maintaining client confidence and respect.
• Representing the client’s and PGL’s interests and goals.
• Reporting to the Construction Manager any matters that jeopardize the success of the project.
• Implementing the PGL Occupational Safety & Health Policy Manual.
• Communicating and coordinating safety with all involved in the project.
• Preparing monthly safety reports for inclusion in the overall project monthly report compiled by the Project Construction Manager.
• Incorporating The Perry Group’s ISO Standards in daily activity.
The Perry Group: Safety Manager (Heavy Industrial, 100% travel)
• One (1) or more years of relevant experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or,
• Three (3) or more years of relevant experience with an Associate Degree or,
• Five (5) or more years of experience with a High School diploma or equivalent.
The Bachelor’s or Associate Degree must be in Engineering, Construction Management or similar technical field.
• OSHA 30
• Experience leading Safety on large scale, heavy industrial projects including varying subcontractor disciplines
• Ability to work at project locations throughout the United States
The Perry Group, Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Job Site Location:
Mid-Atlantic United States
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Why Louis Perry?:
The Perry Group, Ltd., a CDM Smith company, is a full-service, design-build, general construction and construction management firm. PGL provides full-service solutions - plant betterment, facilities and infrastructure improvements, comprehensive environmental and water services and specialty offerings to various industries.
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No - We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Necessary to Perform Essential Job Functions
• Extensive knowledge of hazard/risk analysis to apply EPA, OSHA, NFPA regulations to address moderate to highly complex health/safety issues.
• Knowledge of training techniques, laws, codes, and regulations pertaining to environmental health and safety.
• Strong knowledge of safety management.
• Strong computer aptitude.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Strong understanding of construction; knowledge of procedures for production of construction.
• Strong communication skills.
• Ability to make independent decisions.
• Analytical and problem solving skills.
• Work overtime as required.
• Ability to work effectively with people from diverse backgrounds.
• Team player, dependable, gets along with coworkers.
Background Check and Drug Testing Information:
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as “CDM Smith”) reserves the right to require background checks including criminal, employment, education, licensure, etc. as well as credit and motor vehicle when applicable for certain positions. In addition, CDM Smith may conduct drug testing for designated positions.
Background checks are conducted after an offer of employment has been made in the United States. The timing of when background checks will be conducted on candidates for positions outside the United States will vary based on country statutory law but in no case, will the background check precede an interview.
CDM Smith will conduct interviews of qualified individuals prior to requesting a criminal background check, and no job application submitted prior to such interview shall inquire into an applicant's criminal history. If this position is subject to a background check for any convictions related to its responsibilities and requirements, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history. Criminal history will not automatically disqualify a candidate.
In addition, during employment individuals may be required by CDM Smith or a CDM Smith client to successfully complete additional background checks, including motor vehicle record as well as drug testing.
Work Location Options:
Successful candidate will be required to work 100% in the field locations.
- CDM Smith Jobs