Robert Half Plant Controller in Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Description DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Prepare, analyze, and present monthly financial and operating reports for senior management
• Collaborate with all levels of the operations team to identify risks and/or changes which impact plant performance, and develop and implement corrective actions plans
• Collaborate with operations, sales, and product department managers to develop and maintain annual budgets and quarterly forecasts to ensure integrity and consistency with the overall Business Unit plan
• Provide hands-on tactical and strategic support to the Manufacturing Team via collaboration with department Supervisors and Managers Provide strategic analysis of manufacturing cost drivers that drive operational efficiencies and reduce production costs
• Provide feedback regarding critical inputs to planning & forecast including direct & indirect product costs
• To ensure that the facility’s operational, financial, and corporate objectives are met, including spending, service levels, inventory levels and accuracy, asset management and performance.
• Demonstrates ability to drive process improvements: detecting the need for change, proactively gathering requirements, designing, and developing processes, implementing change, and stabilizing process changes to deliver on stakeholder’s critical requirements
• Providing financial support and analysis to the business on manufacturing issues, such as productivity metrics, process improvements and outsourced production.
• To proactively identify opportunities to improve operating efficiencies and implement corrective action plans.
• Manage the global E& O process and drive actions to improve
• Other global ops related projects and process as necessary
• Monitor and implement plant internal controls (in conjunction with corporate policies) as necessary to ensure reporting integrity, safeguard company assets, and identify risks
• Assist Finance Team with month-end close and forecasting
• Prepare corporate plant filings in a timely manner
• Serve as the Finance team member on the Internal Audit team for the Minnesota business unit
• Lead the cost accounting function, including generating cost estimates for new/changed materials, PPV analysis, production variance analysis, and rate determination.
• Prepare the annual cost accounting updates and maintenance and interact across Legrand divisions on Transfer pricing impacts
• Assist department heads with ROI analysis on proposed capital projects
• Assist sales team with pricing decisions and profitability analysis of new & existing products / lines
• Assist with development and implementation of internal processes and procedures surrounding the inventory and costing process cycle
• Assist in year-end financial audits
• Consistently support compliance by maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of information, protecting the assets of the organization, acting with ethics and integrity, reporting non-compliance, and adhering to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, and the Company’s policies and procedures
• Understand workplace hazards and take steps to proactively prevent and report hazards or injuries in the workplace. Cooperate in safety programs, initiatives, and investigations.
• Demonstrate our core values of Customer, People, Integrity, Teamwork, Continuous Learning & Improvement, and Empowerment & Accountability Requirements
Degree in Finance or Accounting
Posted by Rick Harrison at Robert Half - Find me on LinkedIn
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.
- Robert Half Jobs