DLB Associates BAS / Controls Software Engineer Specialist in Eatontown, New Jersey
DLB Associates is an innovative industry leader in consulting and design engineering. For 40 years we have worked hard to advance the development of sustainable, high-performing infrastructure for the built-in-environment through our first-in-class Engineering Design, Commissioning, MSI and Energy Services. We specialize in industries that are mechanically and electrically intensive, including building some of the most advanced mission critical technology spaces in the world.
We are guided by our strategic anchors of Operational Excellence, Service Leadership and Customer Focus. These anchors have enabled us to exceed our client's expectations by deeply understanding what is important to them and meeting them where they want to be met.
We help guide the industry by contributing to the development of forward-thinking standards and technologies. Our internal culture is one that seeks to continuously challenge and optimize our tools and processes through leveraging technology to the maximum.
All of this is driven by our core convictions of Listening, Learning, Teaching, Standardizing, Executing, Communicating and Delivering.
If you want to be part of an industry leading team, please join DLB Associates today!
Position Title: BAS / Controls Software Engineer Specialist
Position Location: Remote
The BAS / Controls Software Engineer Specialist provides technical support and leadership to plan, schedule and execute hardware and software engineering and implementation of building automation systems software in Niagara environment and Distech controls platforms for projects in healthcare, industrial, commercial and mission critical / technology sectors.
The BAS / Controls Software Engineer Specialist will work with design engineers, construction contractors, equipment vendors and client staff to ensure proper operation and acceptance of the automation and software solutions.
The BAS / Controls Software Engineer Specialist will receive limited direction on day-to-day work and general instruction on new projects or assignments. Will assist project leadership on automation projects of complex scope. Will work independently or under limited supervision.
This person will communicate and operate in line with organizational goals and values, as well as departmental objectives.
Engineer and Implement Software Programming for Projects (70%)
• Perform systems integration of HVAC and electrical equipment and systems
• Create BAS programming meets sequence of operations using various platforms
• Develop graphics and UIs (user interfaces)
• Perform startup and testing (QAQC) of integrated systems
• Perform pre-functional and functional testing
• Communicate regularly with subcontractors, project managers, AEs and commissioning agents on project progress
• Support commissioning efforts
Construction Related Design Documents, Drawings and Specifications (15%)
• Review sequence of operations
• Participate in building automation focused design reviews
• Serve as secondary client contact for one or more clients on projects of routine or complex scope
Design and Create Networks for Client Projects (10%)
• Assist in the design, setup and troubleshooting of BAS networks
• Understand IT / OT interface requirements including routers, switches and addressing
• Work with client IT departments to ensure safe and secure systems to meet best practices
• Assist with all project communication and reporting
• Prepare development of project progress reports for internal and external stakeholders
• Manages personal hours using company tools
Performs Other Related Duties as Assigned
Position Requirements (Intermediate level for all the following)
• Knowledge of IoT and smart building solutions
• Knowledge of VLANs, LANs, VPNs and RSTP
• Skilled programming in Niagara environment and Distech controls platforms
• Skilled working with open source protocols (BACnet, Modbus and SNMP)
• Skilled at using MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Teams), along with exceptional organizational skills for file management
• Skilled in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail
• Ability to follow company and site safety requirements
• Ability to analyze and prepare documents, reports and correspondence
• Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form (technical and non-technical information)
• Ability to communicate effectively directly with clients and at times serve as primary point of client contact
• Ability to work successfully as a member of a team and independently with moderate supervision
• Ability to work under pressure and meet close deadlines
• Ability to effectively plan and delegate the work of others
• Ability to achieve certification for NFPA70E and / or OSHA training as / if required
• Organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
The following physical demands must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
• Frequently manipulating, moving or grasping small parts, devices or tools
• Frequently required to remain in a stationary position
• Frequently moving through office, critical facility and other environments (such as low temperatures, high temperatures and outdoor elements such as precipitation and wind), including tight and confined spaces
• Frequently descending / ascending stairs and ladders to access equipment
• On occasion the employee may be required to position self under or over equipment
• On occasion the employee may move equipment weighing up to 50 pounds
Travel / Relocation Requirements
• Approximately 70%
Education / Experience Requirements
• Bachelor's degree in engineering, construction or related discipline
• Two years of experience with hands-on installation, testing, validation and troubleshooting of controls infrastructure
• Minimum of five years of additional experience with installation, hands-on testing, validation and troubleshooting of controls infrastructure
• Minimum of five years of programming in Niagara environment and Distech controls platforms
DLB Associates is an EEO / Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
We are committed to diversifying our workforce.
DLB Associates participates in the E-Verify program with the Department of Homeland Security.
DLB Associates offers a very competitive benefits package; highlights include:
• Medical, HRA, FSA, Rx, dental
• Life, disability, ADD