Value Added Processing Inc Material Handler in EAST PITTSBURGH, Pennsylvania
*Value Added Processing Inc. (VAP Steel) *is a family owned & operated, ISO-9001:2015 compliant full-scale steel service and distribution center. Our customers include steel mills, brokers, and end-users of steel. We specialize in custom metal-slitting, coil storage, and time/resource-saving logistics for: construction, manufacturing, pipe, tube, HVAC, automotive, and many other metal-based industries.
We are as passionate about PEOPLE as we are about STEEL, and take pride in our ability to add value to your business and bottom line.
We are seeking Material Handlers for our second shift:
SHIFT: Monday through Friday; 3:00 pm - 11:00pm; some overtime and weekends may be necessary to meet our demand. Starting hourly rate from \$15/hour. Opportunities for career advancement!
Our Material Handlers play a vital role in packaging and handling of slit steel mults / material off the production line. You will also be responsible for banding preparing skids to feed the packaging line and steel production output.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Able to lift 50 pounds comfortable
- Package material according to work order or verbal instruction from Lead material handler
- Operate forklift to move material around plant and stack material safely
- Use a jib crane to lift steel mults and place them on a skid
- Communicate with team leader in order to properly package material
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- High school diploma or GED
- Able to obtain Forklift certification
- Strong knowledge of machines in a manufacturing setting
- Committed to quality, safety and communication
- Team-oriented and self-directed
To help make you succeed in this role, we offer...
- A work environment committed to a spirit of support, growth, and achievement
- A servant based leadership team: We are here to help make you as successful as you want to be
- Performance based career growth opportunities