Michigan State University(MSU) Inst/Ast Prof - Fixed Term in East Lansing, Michigan
Instructor/Ast Professor Fixed Term
The successful candidate will perform the following job duties and responsibilities:
- Developing daily operational responsibility for organizational relationships with schools and districts (e.g., meeting with school district administration, school administrators and teachers to identify and secure appropriate internship placements for students and communicating program policies and procedures);
- Providing continuous support to field instructors in their work with interns;
- Maintaining ongoing communication with and providing professional development for mentor teachers;
- Mediating difficult conversations and disputes involving any combination of students, mentors, instructors and administrators as needed;
- Organizing and facilitating events, including Lansing Area Elementary Opening Day, Lansing Area Michigan Elementary Convocation, and Elementary Mentor Teacher and Field Instructor Meetings;
- Providing and updating data for program assistants and assisting in the collection and distribution of various forms, using platforms such as GoReact, Via, Qualtrics, and D2L; and,
- Assisting in reserving classroom space for 800-level courses.
The person in this position will also support the Teacher Preparation Program Director in interviewing and making recommendations for hiring field instructors and perform other duties as assigned. The position may also include teaching in the Teacher Preparation Program.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or protected veteran status.
Doctorate -Education with a focus in elementary education.
- The minimum degree qualifications to be hired at the rank of Assistant Professor is a terminal degree with a focus on elementary education.
- The minimum degree qualifications needed to hired at the rank of Instructor is a master's degree with a focus on elementary education.
- Appropriate PK-12 teaching experience and relevant college-level teaching, specifically in elementary education; demonstrated commitment to social justice teacher education; demonstrated commitment to working as part of a team; excellent communication and leadership skills.
A doctorate is preferred, but outstanding candidates with a master's degree and exceptional experience will be considered for an Instructor. Appropriate PK-12 teaching experience and relevant college-level teaching, specifically in elementary education; experience working with teaching interns and PK-12 district partners and community organizations; experience guiding master's and doctoral students in curriculum and instruction in elementary teacher education.
Required Application Materials
Application, CV/Resume, names of 3 references
Apply on MSU Careers
Review of Applications Begins On
Remote Work Statement
MSU strives to provide a flexible work environment and this position has been designated as remote-friendly. Remote-friendly means some or all of the duties can be performed remotely as mutually agreed upon.
Michigan State University has been advancing the common good with uncommon will for more than 160 years. One of the top research universities in the world, MSU pushes the boundaries of discovery and forges enduring partnerships to solve the most pressing global challenges while providing life-changing opportunities to a diverse and inclusive academic community through more than 200 programs of