CVR Energy I E Technician - 1135 in East Dubuque, Illinois
This job was posted by https://illinoisjoblink.illinois.gov : For more information, please see: https://illinoisjoblink.illinois.gov/jobs/11286254
This position is responsible for the predictive, preventative, and corrective maintenance in supporting chemical plant operations 24/7/365. Tasked to safely troubleshoot, diagnosis, and repair a wide array of electrical distribution, instrumentation, and automated control systems. Need a self-starter who promotes organizational safety goals, possesses strong work ethics, embraces continuous improvement, and thrives in a collaborative team environment. The passion to learn is paramount.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Technical certification from an accredited trade school, and/or military occupational specialty (MOS) code with rating equivalency is preferred.
- State Electrical License, or a certificate from a nationally recognized electrical apprenticeship training program is preferred.
Fluent in English, both oral and written.
Must have a strong working aptitude with Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Word.
A high electro/mechanical aptitude
Familiar with using integrated computer maintenance management system (CMMS) software. Understand department work order scheduling, work order processing, logging task details, and time tracking.
Competent in applying personal safety practices and always takes initiative in proactively keeping their teammates and work environment safe.
Candidate required to be resourceful, able to understand and execute work from researching department standard operating procedures, piping & instrumentation drawings (P&IDs), instrument loop drawings, electrical termination schedules, electrical one-line diagrams, and OEM equipment manuals schematics.
Diagnose, troubleshoot and rectify issues in a methodical and profession manner
Three years of hands-on experience in repairing & troubleshooting automation, instruments, and controls preferred.
Preferred that the candidate has working knowledge of:
- Electro/pneumatic valve actuators, I-P/P-I controllers, analog-to-digital & digital-to-analog converters, and various instrumentation transmitters
- Thermocouples/resistant temperature detectors (RTDs), pressure transducers, flow meters, accelerometers, proximity probes, and various electro-mechanical switches
- Distributed control systems (DCS). Familiarity with Schneider- Invensys Evo helpful
- Gas chromatographs, combustion analyzers, continuous emission monitoring systems (CEMS)
- Vibration monitors, anti-surge controls, and other continuous online reliability monitoring systems
- Programmable logic controllers (PLCs), human machine interface (HMI) displays, and variable frequency drives (VFDs). Specifically, Rockwell/Allen Bradley brand helpful.
- Fieldbus communication protocols such as ethernet IP, Modbus, RS-232/485, Fox-Comm, HART, Profibus, and/or other field device tool applications
- Electrical distribution hardware & software including 4160VAC and 480VAC switch gear, motor control centers (MCCs), intelligent protective relays, and transformers
This position will report to and carry out all tasks and directives delegated by Instrumentation & Electrical (I&E) Shop Supervision or Maintenance Management Staff
Perform or participate in other tasks as required to support maintenance responsibilities including, but not limited to - plant cleanliness, warehouse operations, outage planning and execution, and continuous improvement initiatives
Expected to work 4/10-hour normal shifts, plus possible overtime. Must be will ng and ableto also work scheduled 12 hr. shifts as scheduled by management.
Required to participate in a scheduled \"On-Call\" rotation.
Participate in project planning, updating various drawings, work procedures, and spare parts inventory management.
Install new plant electrical distribution, instrumentation, and control systems equipment, as scheduled plant projects dictate
Work with minimal supervision while regularly communicating with management regarding work progress, concerns and questions
Adhere to company environmental, health, and safety policies & procedures, including NFPA 70E safety standards when working with High Voltage electrical generation and distribution equipment
Act as a liaison between work groups to improve performance and reliability of facility
Communicate with all work groups during scheduled downtime of equipment and during plant outages
Maintain Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC) to support plant storage & transportation safety laws
Minimal travel required, mostly for training, obtaining TWIC card, etc.
Ability to supply and maintain a required list of tools
Responsible for upkeep of personal workspaces
Perform other related duties requested by the I&E Supervisor to meet the ongoing needs of the or