Cree Power Product Engineer in Durham, North Carolina
Cree | Wolfspeed’s Global Operations team is seeking a high potential, resourceful, problem solving Product Engineer Manufacturing to focus on Manufacturing Quality and Integration of Wafer Fab process modules. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast paced, deadline-oriented manufacturing environment and work across multiple teams to drive root cause investigation and detailed customer responses. This role will have the opportunity to function in our Power product line at all manufacturing sites. A successful candidate will combine strong data analysis skills and an in-depth knowledge of Wafer Fab processing to drive yield improvement projects and work with the Process Engineering team to qualify new tools and processes.
Cree | Wolfspeed will be unable to sponsor a visa for this position now or in the future.
Initially, this position will be located at our Durham, North Carolina facility. After two to four years (depending on business needs and the progress of construction), this position might relocate to our new facility in the Utica, New York area to support our expansion plans.
What can Cree | Wolfspeed do for you:
- Help Cree | Wolfspeed grow cutting edge technologies to enable new and exciting markets:
- Electric vehicle adoption
- Sustainable power management
- 5G telecommunications networks
- Adoption of LED technology
- And much more…
- Vertically integrated structure within Global Operations business provides exposure to all aspects of semiconductor manufacturing processes, from substrate manufacturing all the way through device testing.
- Business is expected to grow at accelerated rate over next 4 years – opportunities to advance your career through many different pathways.
What can you do for Cree | Wolfspeed?
- Develop, document and deploy process improvements which enhance yield, cycle time, and long term reliability for SiC Power devices.
- Monitor existing product line data to identify trends, tool commonality and root cause of yield detractors.
- Document manufacturing process flows, requiring clear written and verbal communication skills. Documentation includes travelers, control plan, process flow spec, inspection requirements, and split lot instructions.
- Participation and ownership where appropriate of 8Ds for scrapped material and MRB data review and close-out.
- Operate electronic test equipment, failure analysis equipment, and utilize computer software tools for data analysis and product performance.
- Perform independently on routine assignments. Must be able to follow specific instructions to perform tasks that require a higher knowledge of engineering techniques in supporting SiC Power production requirements.
- Hold lot and low yielding lot disposition and product movement needed to meet revenue goals. This includes lot disposition at international external packaging subcontractors.
- This position may require significant cleanroom time working in conjunction with Fab process engineers.
- Mentoring, coaching and training of process technicians and operators.
What you need for success:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or Materials Science
- This position requires the lawful ability to access technical data, information, and areas controlled by United States export control laws and regulations.
- 3+ years experience in semiconductor fabrication as a process/product/quality engineer
- Able and willing to support 24x7 projects as needed
- Demonstrated understanding of the science and technology needed to fabricate semiconductor devices including ion implantation, oxide growth, diffusion, photolithography, wet and dry etch, thin film deposition and metal deposition.
- Excellent attention to detail
- High energy and self-motivated individual with strong communication skills to deliver results in a timely manner.
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- 5+ years of experience in semiconductor fabrication as a process, product or process integration engineer.
- General understanding of the process flow for inspection, monitoring and disposition of semiconductor products. SiC experience is a plus.
- Good working knowledge of semiconductor device physics.
- Ability to manage, in parallel, multiple technical tasks with different requirements and timelines.
- Familiarity with ANOVA, DOE principles, SPC techniques, JMP software. JMP scripting is a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Cree | Wolfspeed is a powerhouse semiconductor company focused on silicon carbide and GaN technologies.
After more than thirty years of forging new technology adoption and transformation, our Wolfspeed® power and radio frequency (RF) semiconductors and lighting class LEDs are leading the industry through unrivaled expertise and capacity.