AMETEK, Inc. A/V Field Technician in Dublin, Ohio
A/V Field Technician
Job ID: 18636
Functional Area: Operations
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Experience Required: 1 - 3 Years
Hours of Work:
Location: US - Ohio - Dublin
Division: PIP - Measurement & Calibration Technology
Education Required: High School Diploma
Travel Percentage: 35.00
Email a Friend Save SaveApply Now
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Computer literacy in Microsoft Office, web-based applications, and basic audio visual software.
• Basic knowledge of IP4 based networks including DHCP, static addressing, ping, etc.
• Installation of various Audio / Visual equipment including equipment racks, custom I/O panels, projectors, speakers, microphones.
• Ability to read blueprints,comprehend engineering drawings and specification sheets.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills.
• InfoComm CTS or CTS-I certification
• Proven experience with Crestron, Biamp, Extron, Polycom, DSPs, including programming and up/down loading.
• Experience with installing and configuring Mixing Consoles, Microphones, Switchers, Amplifiers, etc.
• Experience in low voltage service and installation of:- Cable and proper Crimp Termination Skills - Device Terminations - Rack Termination and Installation - Soldering skills
• Strong Troubleshooting skills including Network Software, Hardware, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities:
By way of illustration and not limitation, Employee shall be responsible for the following specific duties:
• Perform final connections, terminations, and equipment testing on systems.
• Install various systems including pulling wire to programming sound and video systems per specifications.
• Responsible for reading and understanding assigned project documentation and determine if additional information is required. Maintain updated as-built drawings and documentation for assigned projects.
• Fabricate racks according to specifications.
• Work with project manager regarding sending back repair or warranty work to manufacture/distributor.
• Test equipment for proper installation per company’s check list.
• Immediately notify the site Project Manager of any installation delays and change order items.
• Occasionally, attend system training and successfully attain product certification.
Education and Experience:
• Possess an understanding of electronic systems, such as professional sound, corporate A/V, communication systems, and educational systems.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Maintain a professional image and build good customer relationships.
• Actively participate in personal and professional development and maintain knowledge of current and new technologies that the company offers.
• Possess a strong sense of urgency.
• Promotes a team environment.
• Ability to Multitask, prioritize and self-manage under pressure
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.