Ross Stores, Inc. Senior Analyst, IT Applications (Corporate Applications) in Dublin, California
Welcome to Ross Stores, Inc., where our differences make us stronger… At Ross and dd’s, inclusion is a way of life. We care about our Associates and the communities we serve and we value their differences. We are committed to building diverse teams and an inclusive culture. We respect and celebrate the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us. Come join us as we continue our diversity, equality and inclusion journey!
The Sr. IT Applications Analyst is responsible for applying new or existing technologies and solutions to solve business needs. The Sr. Analyst works with IT and business teams to determine and document application requirements. The Sr. Analyst leads small to moderately complex projects end to end project life cycle. Areas of focus include application analysis, software development lifecycle and project management.
The base salary range for this role is $90,500 - $148,700. The base salary range is dependent on factors including, but not limited to, experience, skills, qualifications, relevant education, certifications, seniority, and location. The range listed is just one component of the total compensation package for employees. Other rewards vary by position and location.
Development Lifecycle for Small to Moderately Complex Projects
• Gather, organize and document requirements obtained by members of the project team and self
• Under general direction from project leadership or management:
o Translate functional requirements to technical requirements.
o Document gaps in existing functionality and review requirements with stakeholders.
o Document high level functional design solutions.
o Coordinate detailed design activities for members of team and self.
o Support developers with requirements clarification and execute QA process
• Collaborate with different teams, within IT and business to ensure timely and successful issue resolution.
• Coordinate activities to manage the test environments and test data.
• Coordinate activities for follow-up during all phases of test execution (i.e., unit, end-to-end, integration, performance, operational readiness, user acceptance).
• Manage user acceptance testing and obtain sign-off from the business. Log defects, track and answer questions from business users during User Acceptance Testing.
• Coordinate or create the documentation of training deliverables, including training plan, training schedule, job aids, etc.
• Coordinate or create the documentation of release and deployment planning deliverables.
Project Management of Small to Medium Complexity Projects
• Create project plan and manage the project SDLC deliverables
• Create project status reports.
• Create reporting/dashboards for leadership review.
• Building Effective Teams (for managers of People and Projects)
• Developing Talent (for managers of people only, N/A for this role/level)
• Leading by Example
• Communicates Effectively
• Ensures Accountability and Execution
• Manages Conflict
• Business Acumen
• Plans, Aligns and Prioritizes
• Organizational Agility
With particular emphasis on the following specific position-related competencies:
• Problem Solving
• Dealing with Ambiguity
• Drive for Results
• Integrity and Trust
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
• At least 4-6 years of experience in developing and managing IT Applications
• Undergraduate degree in information systems, computer science, or a related technical discipline.
• Ability to work independently with little instruction and creatively solve problems.
• Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle methodologies and best practices.
• Working knowledge of Windows and basic application productivity suites like MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Project
• Experience working for a national retailer with multiple stores and/or a consulting firm.
• Programming experience with one or more programming languages such as SQL, Python, Java or ERP, etc.
This role requires regular in-office presence, including to engage in in-person team interaction, meetings and collaboration, client support, mentoring, coaching, and/or feedback. This position requires the ability to use a computer, work as part of a team, and the ability to communicate with team members and others. However, this role can perform duties effectively using a combination of in-office and remote work.#LI-Hybrid
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management's discretion.
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the Company's overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.